• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Low tops with shorts?

What looks better with shorts?

• High tops

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Low tops

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

dyeam

Reaction score
I have recently been shopping for sneakers, and I wanted to get high tops, because imo I think low tops look funny with shorts. I feel like if you're going to wear shorts you should have a nice pair of high tops (not talking about converse).

Either way, I decided on these:

Couldn't find any nice high tops that didn't look too ghetto. Anyways, what do you guys think? would low tops like that look good with shorts? Or was I right in thinking that they would look funny?

Last edited:

aussiejake

Reaction score
Almost always low tops with shorts. I can't really even think of a high top shoe coupled with shorts that would look on the general population.

lckychrmsbboy

Reaction score
whaaa? Low tops looking funny with shorts? that's a first for me. But I prefer low tops with shorts or pants. I haven't had a pair of high tops since I was kid and would love to get another pair!

Right now I mainly wear chucks or NIke SB Janoski's with shorts

dyeam

Reaction score
Hm, maybe I'm just being crazy haha.

For high tops, I'd get something like this:

or this:

Last edited:

dyeam

Reaction score
Just got the shoes I ordered in the mail, and they look sick. Gonna try them out with shorts one of these days.

And just to clear it up, by shorts I meant cargo shorts.. not those nice flat ones that I have yet to purchase, for some odd reason.

dyeam

Reaction score
Just got the shoes in the mail, and they look awesome. Gonna try them out with shorts soon.

And just to clear it up by shorts I meant cargo shorts. Not those nice flat shorts that I have yet to purchase for some odd reason lol.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
low or hitops are fine with shorts as general proposition, but ultimately depends on particular sneakers and shorts.

ur first hitop link is dead, so I didn't bother checking the other link.

Last edited:

dyeam

Reaction score
low or hitops are fine with shorts as general proposition, but ultimately depends on particular sneakers and shorts.
ur first hitop link is dead, so I didn't bother checking the other link.
Links are fixed I believe

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay. then my answer is that I would not wear these with anything

go look at those svennson (?) CP knockoffs that people are getting for cheap.

WvDgo.jpg

dyeam

Reaction score
okay. then my answer is that I would not wear these with anything
go look at those svennson (?) CP knockoffs that people are getting for cheap.
WvDgo.jpg
You talking about both or just the one in the picture above?

JunyaYamamoto

Reaction score
when wearing shorts, i think low tops work for everyone, but high tops look best on avg-skinny legs. thick legs need to be elongated with low tops and high-tops only truncate the line.

dyeam

Reaction score
when wearing shorts, i think low tops work for everyone, but high tops look best on avg-skinny legs. thick legs need to be elongated with low tops and high-tops only truncate the line.
It might be because of the particular shoes, because of my physique or because of the cargo shorts, but to me (on me) low tops with shorts look almost "childish" if you could wrap your head around that. I'm going to purchase some flat shorts that have a nicer, more grown up look to them and see if that makes a difference

Something like this:

as compared to what I'm currently rocking which is something like this:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads