• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Low rise jeans, high rise boxers

markr

Reaction score
Does anybody else have this problem? When I wear regular cut boxers with my low rise jeans (Levi's 527s), my boxers ride up to where the waist of the boxers is practically at my belly button. Needless to say, it's pretty annoying. Presumably the solution to this problem is boxers with less of a rise (or briefs, which are fine for my 3 year old son but not for me). Short of custom boxers, what are my options?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by markr
the solution to this problem is boxers with less of a rise
bulls-eye

itskub

Reaction score
Try basic boxer-breifs from Jockey.. theyre sold everywhere, and quite low rise, like it says on the label.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the solution is not to wear boxers with low rise jeans. The low rise and the extra material from the boxers do not work well with the tightness in your crotch area.

Wear tighty whities.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try a boxer brief:

172_1364_TN.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I also don't like wearing boxers with jeans because they ride up when I pull the jeans on. Tighty whites for me too.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of low-rise jeans, so I'd suggest a higher rise to solve your problem. Barring this, I'd suggest boxer briefs.

CoryB

Reaction score
I normally wear boxer briefs, but briefs with tight jeans. I don't do tighty whities though, I prefer black 2xist.

Ulrich75

Reaction score
Low rise jeans, high rise boxers!!! Did you it especialy?
Low rise is non actualy more. I think so

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wear a low rise pair of underwear

2(x)ist and c-in2, for example, make specific low rise briefs, boxerbriefs, trunks and boxers for this very purpose

markr

Reaction score
Thanks Hermes. I'll check out 2xist and cin2.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose boxer briefs could work in this situation. Any one here have the CK version? I don't know about you all, but I bought a bunch of CK boxers and boxer briefs and the cotton is just way too damn thick. As such, I can't really wear them unless I wear my double pleated, full cut suit pants. Otherwise the damn things provide too much extra material that they either bunch up or just show through any type of pants that are "tighter." I suppose if the boxer briefs are a thin material and hug your upper thigh well enough, it shouldn't cause problems. However, I agree go with the low rise briefs or regular briefs. You'll also probably be served better if you go with dark colored briefs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads