Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Low quality jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by metkirk, Dec 6, 2006.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

No love for Diesel Zafs? I can fit like 4 boot under there.

2. adamm411

adamm411 Senior member

Do you choose clothes to impress people on this forum?

3. aspriel

aspriel Senior member

I think that these brands can be really good on guys. R&R, 7FAM, and Diesel for sure. Personally, I agree with people here about TR being obnoxious, but I don't think the quality of R&R/7FAM/Diesel is bad, I just think people here are far too concerned that other people may be wearing the same jeans they are.

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

To me 7FAMK, R&R, Diesel are just overpriced Hollister, or American Eagle jeans. They aren't terrible quality, they are just pricier because people will buy them for the name and the fact that people will notice them and know that they paid more for them then they did for their AE jeans. It is kind of like buying a Lexus, or an Acura is some cases. Ultimately they are top of the line Toyotas and Hondas... In other words just the best of the ordinary.

5. quid

quid Senior member

that honda/acura analogy is not a good one. as mentioned before when seven was the in denim it was the best of the best, now it isnt because everyone has it. and ill be the first to say, thats me. if im spending that much on damned pants i dont want the ones everyone else has or are readily available to get.

i want people to ask me what it is, not how much it cost.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

To me 7FAMK, R&R, Diesel are just overpriced Hollister, or American Eagle jeans. They aren't terrible quality, they are just pricier because people will buy them for the name and the fact that people will notice them and know that they paid more for them then they did for their AE jeans. It is kind of like buying a Lexus, or an Acura is some cases. Ultimately they are top of the line Toyotas and Hondas... In other words just the best of the ordinary.

7FAM, PDC, R&R, Diesel aren't comparable to Hollister/AE jeans in quality, and especially not in cut/fit. They're fairly well made for what they are, and if you like the aesthetic, they can usually be found for a good price. I still own a few pairs of 7FAMs that I wear from time to time. They're very soft, comfortable denim, and I've owned some pairs for a very long time. I also think the aesthetic is quite flattering to many body types.

7. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

Hm...I have two choices.
    One is to grab a pair of incredibly fake distressed jeans made by SEVEN!!! *shrieks like a girl* for $200
    ORR...
    I can get APC NS for $120 at Denimbar with the styleforum coupon.

Man this is a tough decision!

8. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

Hm...I have two choices. One is to grab a pair of incredibly fake distressed jeans made by SEVEN!!! *shrieks like a girl* for $200 ORR... I can get APC NS for $120 at Denimbar with the styleforum coupon. Man this is a tough decision!
    FFS... what's with the elitist attitude. Get Over Yourself!!! [​IMG] (Not to mention that NS are the worst example you could've chosen...)

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Hm...I have two choices.
    One is to grab a pair of incredibly fake distressed jeans made by SEVEN!!! *shrieks like a girl* for $200
    ORR...

Not all 7FAM jeans are distressed...

I have a couple pairs of 7FAM that I wear fairly regularly, one is the stretch bootcut in a dark new york (appears one wash) and the second is a stretch bootcut in a dark manhattan wash which has a bit more contrast. Both are in my current rotation, among my 5EP, APC, Nudie, SDA, RB, and Canes... for reference.

10. aspriel

aspriel Senior member

Hm...I have two choices.
    ORR...

You're right - everyone who wears 7FAM pays full retail.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Are you just trying to feel superior?

11. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

i've had the same 3 pairs of diesel ravix's for the last 5 years. they are raggedy and worn out, yet all the seams are still intact, not one hole, and they still maintain their shape -- and i wear them hard as shit, compared to my nudie SSDS which are about to have a crotch blowout and the thread is coming off on of the pockets andi dont even wear them everyday.

i've yet to see a guy that i thought looked good in the TR's with the flap pockets. seriously, the pockets are like halfway down your back leg, and the only guys that look even decent in them are the meat heads that have really bulbous butts and can fill them out and looked balanced and in proportion with the wide stitched seams -- but then you get the bright fuschia lacoste polo, possibly burberry scarf, goti boy hair, fake louis and worse yet, puka shell necklace and white flip flops. i've yet to see someone wear TR where the jeans weren't the focus. i dont know about you but i like people to pay attention to the aesthetic of my entire ensemble and overall feeling, not just one piece.

12. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

i've had the same 3 pairs of diesel ravix's for the last 5 years. they are raggedy and worn out, yet all the seams are still intact, not one hole, and they still maintain their shape -- and i wear them hard as shit, compared to my nudie SSDS which are about to have a crotch blowout and the thread is coming off on of the pockets andi dont even wear them everyday.

i've yet to see a guy that i thought looked good in the TR's with the flap pockets. seriously, the pockets are like halfway down your back leg, and the only guys that look even decent in them are the meat heads that have really bulbous butts and can fill them out and looked balanced and in proportion with the wide stitched seams -- but then you get the bright fuschia lacoste polo, possibly burberry scarf, goti boy hair, fake louis and worse yet, puka shell necklace and white flip flops. i've yet to see someone wear TR where the jeans weren't the focus. i dont know about you but i like people to pay attention to the aesthetic of my entire ensemble and overall feeling, not just one piece.

The problem with Diesel's is that I can't find 'em non-retail, except for ebay, which I don't trust anymore except for maybe Nudies. Even then...

I got a pair of BB's a while ago, and they seemed legit. I got SUPER lucky with an $80 pair of R&R's, but I don't trust that either.

Fortunately the vast majority of fakes are for chicks, and the mens' fakes tend to be Evisu and Red Monkey.

13. visionology

visionology Senior member

I purchased a pair of Diesel's on Yoox. Love em. They are a heavier darker denim and were under $100. I did need to have the tailer alter the length but other than that perfect.

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

The problem with Diesel's is that I can't find 'em non-retail, except for ebay, which I don't trust anymore except for maybe Nudies. Even then...

I got a pair of BB's a while ago, and they seemed legit. I got SUPER lucky with an $80 pair of R&R's, but I don't trust that either.

Fortunately the vast majority of fakes are for chicks, and the mens' fakes tend to be Evisu and Red Monkey.

I have bought quite a bit of Diesel denim at Marshalls and other discounters, and you can usually find nice Diesel denim at Saks Off Fifth for a good price in the clearance section although you have to move fast after they restock the shelves. It's usually $60-80 though.

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Back when I bought Diesel, the Half-Off stores around L.A. were a goldmine. $60-80 for several styles and they'd often have 20% discounts.