• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Low Price but Decent Luggage

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Travelling in a few weeks. Any suggestions for carry-on luggage for less than $200? Searched the forum and found suggestions for Briggs & Riley and other companies but they're out of my price range. Filson is just above my price range as well. Thanks to a similar question on Valet Magazine today, I found this on Muji: http://www.muji.us/store/new-water-r...l-carry-m.html

Though it's a one week trip I will not be checking in luggage (and rarely do so) so durability isn't a huge concern though I don't want to buy junk. I could buy Filson but that'd mean putting off buying a new pair of glasses
foo.gif

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've picked up some reasonably nice Victorinox pieces from STP for very little. You might check over there.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
honestly, for one trip buy junk. I used to travel with real ****, and then throw it out every few trips. pretty much anything will survive one trip. 20 bucks and 150 are about the same thing.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Costco! Their new 22" piece is $100 and is the bees knees. The people on flyer talk have given it very good reviews. Only problem seems to be that it sometimes measures slightly longer than the tag size.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Found a $30 bag. Highly tempted to order it.

DC101

Reaction score
check out luggageonline.com i've personally be partial to travel pro. good value for the price

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i have traveled alot in the last 5-7 years, from america to england probably 10-15 times and around europe alot, i have 2 cases, a big one and a small one i didnt pay more than $35 and they are still in great condition

i am thinking of upgrading but it isnt a neccessity, especially for 1 trip!!!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well I do travel more than once a year. Just thinking of buying a new suitcase as my current one is too small for this trip and I don't like to borrow them from family. Considered putting decent money down so I don't have to worry about something ripping on me in the future. Anyway, bought the $35 box that should be here in the coming week. I bought the 21" Traveler's Choice http://a1472.g.akamaitech.net/f/1472...ei=280&wid=280

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Well I do travel more than once a year. Just thinking of buying a new suitcase as my current one is too small for this trip and I don't like to borrow them from family. Considered putting decent money down so I don't have to worry about something ripping on me in the future. Anyway, bought the $35 box that should be here in the coming week.

I bought the 21" Traveler's Choice

http://a1472.g.akamaitech.net/f/1472...ei=280&wid=280

I love Samsonite and they are reasonably priced as well. However, I do not know how much they cost now because it was quite sometime when I bought my last Samsonite luggage.

Trust me, they last quite sometime.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too late. Samsonites on ebags were around $130. Which seems a decent price.

jenlain

Reaction score
+1 for costco. skyway is a good second choice.

clubbyjones

Reaction score
I have the Costco brand 22" carryon. Built just as well as my ballistic nylon Tumi's.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The costco bag is likely built in the same factory as Tumi. It is top quality. AFAIK it is not light, though. I believe it is 10+ lbs. If lightweight or 21" is not a priority for you, there is no better bag below $180.

$200 is a lot of money. You could get a Tom Bihn for only $40 more.

Personally I like lightweight, I would get this:
http://www.ebags.com/product/golite/...uctid=10007619

or a convertible backpack.

Convertibles are cheap, under $100.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads