• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Low-cal booze

GSquared

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Greyhound. The vodka cuts the grapefruit juice. It's definitely a sipping drink but if you make it strong enough, you only need one or two and it's not overly stiff since the grapefruit overpowers.

Another option I heard is one of the lowest calorie drinks is Bacardi and Diet Coke. Though I can't stand diet.

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
Just drink what you normally drink.

If two drinks every night is one of your little pleasures, I'd say keep it. As long as you're not drinking really sugary mixed drinks every night, you'll probably benefit more from keeping one of your relaxation rituals than if cut it out to save 200 or so calories.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by downwithianbrown
This is a great thread. I too am trying to lose weight but I'll be damned if I can't drink

At one point I asked myself whether I want to eat or I want to drink if I could only do one. 10 times out of 10 I'd rather drink.

ektaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fwiffo
At one point I asked myself whether I want to eat or I want to drink if I could only do one. 10 times out of 10 I'd rather drink.

Unfortunately, I am right with you. Our bodies suffer for our personalities.

matt22616

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlmostFullBenefits
Just drink what you normally drink.

If two drinks every night is one of your little pleasures, I'd say keep it. As long as you're not drinking really sugary mixed drinks every night, you'll probably benefit more from keeping one of your relaxation rituals than if cut it out to save 200 or so calories.

This has always worked for me. I will be goddamned if I give up alcohol for anyone or anything. If I want to drink, I drink. If I don't want to drink, I don't drink.

I lost 67lbs on South Beach. Initially I cut out beer and just drank hard liquor with no sugar. Now, *******. I don't like ****** food anymore. I will never stop loving the sauce.

I'm wicked white. We love alcohol and can't help it: it's in our blood. Which brings me to another point. Martinis and Scotch. They rock balls; get down with them. That is all.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
start smoking weed. zero calories!

Dinhilion

Reaction score
When I was losing weight I tracked my calories pretty tightly. I built in some free calories that I could use for something everyday. Those calories just happened to equal one beer. It worked fine for me.

East2West

Reaction score
Jackie warner recommends vodka-tonics and shes a lesbian so dont cross her.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Red wine gives me the best buzz in 2 glasses.

It's VERY easy to overdo it with mixed drinks since every drink you make is likely to have two shots of liquor.... so you say you had 2 drinks, but you really had 4 or more.

Also, I find it easy to open a bottle of red wine and drink half of it in one night and save the rest for another night. If I open a bottle of white wine I almost always drink the whole bottle in one night.

Beer is rampant in sugar (maltose). Think of a beer as a corner slice of white trash birthday cake. Don't drink beer after the sun goes down.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tbs304
Vodka and Club Soda- Has the lowest cal and you can add Lime in to add flavor. Its refreshing, gets the job done.

Seconded. Plus if you're drinking higher quality vodka it has almost no taste so this basically just ends up tasting like carbonated water. The only downside to switching to a drink like this from beer is they tend to sneak up on you faster than drinking beer since beer is so filling.

BarrelMaker

Reaction score
back in highschool girls in my gym class would soak their tampons in vodka and insert supposotory style. most of them could barely stand up by the end of class but they had a great time. but be careful you absorb alcohol through your colon much more efficently than you do through your stomach.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BarrelMaker
back in highschool girls in my gym class would soak their tampons in vodka and insert supposotory style. most of them could barely stand up by the end of class but they had a great time. but be careful you absorb alcohol through your colon much more efficently than you do through your stomach.

This is incredible. Sometimes I think I need to quit wasting my time on this site and then I read something like this and it's ll worth it. (0)

Cognacad

Reaction score
How can alcoholic drink + soda (which has calories, unless it is sugar free) have fewer calories than just the alcoholic drink. Easier to drink of course, but vodka alone would be better in terms of calories.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads