• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LOVED the movie, LOATHED the book

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Godfather book is really bad, but the film is obviously a huge cinematic touchstone.

Chase Hamilton

Reaction score
Quite interesting idea for a thread, Magician, how did you ever think of it?

--Chase

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
300 was an ok movie, not so ok book.
I'm not the biggest 300 fan but I think the lurid, puply nature is better suited to a comic book then a film. I actually kind of like Crichton as beach reads, but the film Jurassic Park is way better then the novel.
Originally Posted by Chase Hamilton
Quite interesting idea for a thread, Magician, how did you ever think of it?
--Chase

I am very clever.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
History Of Violence.

Didn't loathe the book, just didn't find it worth reading after 100 pages or so. The film is one of my favorite Cronenberg, right up there with Dead Ringers, Spider and Crash.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I'm not the biggest 300 fan but I think the lurid, puply nature is better suited to a comic book then a film.

i'm assuming you mean pulpy. this is true, and while originally the comic was meant to pay homage to the films he appreciated as a kid, i felt the film fleshed out that vision a bit more. i was never a huge fan of the book either.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
didnt loathe it or anything. But i liked the lotr movies more than the books. I know a lot of will disagree with me though.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
oh how could i forget: jumanji.

+1.

I think I liked The Beach qua novel more than I did The Beach qua movie, but I can't remember.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am going to say that I will like A Confederacy of Dunces as a book much more than as a movie.

and I've only seen a few of the Harry Potter movies but I liked all the books more...

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Pretty much any Michael Crichton book. The first two-thirds will be great, the ending a huge spectacle of fail.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.