1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Love triangles

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by MetroStyles, Aug 24, 2008.

1. bant

bant Senior member

It doesn't matter whether or not it was an exclusive committed relationship. Makes no difference whatsoever. I don't know about how it works for you guys, but as a guy in his late 20s living in nyc i have many friends in committed serious relationships and just as many single buddies in "limbo" with various girls they casually see or quasi-relationships, etc. it is (and should be) an unspoken rule that if your friend is romantically involved with another person that you don't make a play for that person regardless of circumstances. shit happens and in this case hopefully it isn't a huge deal but its still not the right thing to do.

2. BYucko

BYucko Senior member

So a love triangle. You love your ex. Your ex loves your friend. Your friend loves....you?

hooooooooooooomoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

All kidding aside, your friend should have talked to you first if he knew. End of story.

3. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

This isn't a logical exercise, it's human nature.
    Indeed it is and you are showing yourself in a poor light so far. What your friend did might not be very elegant, but it is not wrong. It is understandable that you be affected a little, but it is not understandable that you let it show or act on it (as in not seeing your friend anymore).

4. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Indeed it is and you are showing yourself in a poor light so far. What your friend did might not be very elegant, but it is not wrong. It is understandable that you be affected a little, but it is not understandable that you let it show or act on it (as in not seeing your friend anymore).

On the contrary, my dear Etienne, he is the one who showed himself in a poor light. I just choose not to associate with people like that. He wasn't my best friend, this won't change my life. But by all means, everyone marches to a different drummer, so please feel free to continue in the French tradition of getting screwed and turning the other cheek. Salut!

5. kaxixi

kaxixi Senior member

Metro, if he's your best friend, you'll probably want to find a way to get over this. There's no doubt in my mind that he's in the wrong, but people make mistakes--forgive it.

6. MetroStyles

Metro, if he's your best friend, you'll probably want to find a way to get over this. There's no doubt in my mind that he's in the wrong, but people make mistakes--forgive it.

Sorry if I misspoke earlier, but he is not my best friend. He is a good friend that I spend nights at bars with, but no one I would consider a brother. I probably have 10-15 friends closer to me than him. I probably should forgive him, but I guess I'm being stubborn.

7. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

On the contrary, my dear Etienne, he is the one who showed himself in a poor light. I just choose not to associate with people like that. He wasn't my best friend, this won't change my life. But by all means, everyone marches to a different drummer, so please feel free to continue in the French tradition of getting screwed and turning the other cheek. Salut!

Oh come on now this is just a pity story going now. I think you need to dust of that chip on your shoulder and stop slagging the forum members who are replying to your posting. You seem to be going from one side to the other, first its "I'm not hurt cause it doesn't matter, its not like I had any emotions for her" to "Well, we were in this non committed, quasi committed fuck buddy thing" to "He's a jerk who stole the love of my life, who can't measure up to me but still my ego is hurt".

Sorry it happend, it tends to when you run in a circle which has people who sleep around. Best to next time keep it in your pants if it hurts this bad.

8. redgrail

redgrail Senior member

I guess I'm being stubborn.

No, you're being childish. But that's your prerogative.
    He made an unclassy move, but you're really overreacting here.

9. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

Oh come on now this is just a pity story going now. I think you need to dust of that chip on your shoulder and stop slagging the forum members who are replying to your posting. You seem to be going from one side to the other, first its "I'm not hurt cause it doesn't matter, its not like I had any emotions for her" to "Well, we were in this non committed, quasi committed fuck buddy thing" to "He's a jerk who stole the love of my life, who can't measure up to me but still my ego is hurt".

Sorry it happend, it tends to when you run in a circle which has people who sleep around. Best to next time keep it in your pants if it hurts this bad.

+1 I am in complete agreement here.

10. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Get the girl back, that'll make you feel better.

11. MetroStyles

Thanks for all your advice. I have been childish in dealing with this. The issue is closed in my book and I will be moving on. My emotions just got the better of me. More than anything I think it was a blow to my ego, which caused an immature reaction. Apologies to anyone I insulted in the course of this thread.

12. West24

West24 Senior member

apology accepted.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Post her pictures here. It'll make you feel better. [​IMG]