• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

love this look

dhinggok

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I love this look. It is True Religion, I think and I love the Converses. What do you all think?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like white trash that stumbled upon some money.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my style, must say, but I have seen worse.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Not my style either. Definitely needs something else in it woven.. maybe a tan v-neck sweater, something with a strong pattern, and the jeans are just way too flared. It's too boring at the moment. Needs a little more 70s flare (not in the jeans).

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NinthCircle
It's a sin to wear a sports jacket with sneakers.

Ditto.

It's really horrible. It's basically just thrown on without any consideration what actually looking in a mirror and thinking about how he looks and how uncoordinated his "˜look' is.

Jon.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate it when one collar droops way below the other, but I think it looks ok. I wouldn't wear it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NinthCircle
It's a sin to wear a sports jacket with sneakers.

It's so LA, the traditional uniform of the unstylish and I can't stand it more when the jacket is paired with a T-shirt as well. Saw some joker in malibu wearing his uniform this weekend.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do like the wide stripe pattern of the top - I own many tees (both L/S and S/S) as well as sweaters with some sort of horizontal stripe pattern.

As far as the rest of the look - definately 'LA-dated'.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
It's so LA, the traditional uniform of the unstylish and I can't stand it more when the jacket is paired with a T-shirt as well. Saw some joker in malibu wearing his uniform this weekend.
i know the blazer, tshirt, sneaker thing is tired. but i still do it and have no qualms about it. but hell i still wear a trucker hat hahaha. no but really, i think its how you put pieces toegther and pull it off- not necessarily the pieces themselves.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
i know the blazer, tshirt, sneaker thing is tired. but i still do it and have no qualms about it. but hell i still wear a trucker hat hahaha.

no but really, i think its how you put pieces toegther and pull it off- not necessarily the pieces themselves.

Exactly, I coordinate textures and colors so the whole thing pops and if you can do your thing without looking like a page out of the bloomingdales catalog then props to you. I like the T if it's say a V neck and the sneaks if they're something like the suede jv chucks, not the trendy **** everyone wears. My buddy sometimes even wears a wife beater under his blazer but he can pull it off. Hell I often do the opposite of what everyone else does like rock my Lakers T from retro sport after they lost in the playoffs
tongue.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In addition, he doesn't match her! WTF is up with all these guys dressing like they rolled out of bed while their dates actually dress up in dresses? If he would have tried to match her style of clothing, it would have worked out a lot better.

Jon.

gza

Reaction score
The chick's kinda ugly, and that's the surest and fastest way to ruin any outfit. So all our commentary and suggestions are in vain - I'm afraid there's no hope for this guy.
frown.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the outfit either - and the girl looks like she's either suffering from slightly too many barbituates or one of those "about to blink" pictures that make you look like you have lazy eye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads