1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Love this auction!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Panzeraxe, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

Love this - this guy is selling an Express Tie but calls it "similar to Charvet". I bet half of the 10 people bidding on it think they're getting a Charvet. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....68&rd=1 Panzer

2. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

I am a great admirer of Charvet's silks
    I have worn Charvet ties.

That, Sir, is not a Charvet tie.

It is keyword spamming though. It bugs me that so many people do it. I just love it when I post a Kiton and have 20 items ahead of it on the search page with titles like:
    "Generico Tie Brioni Kiton Oxxford Attolini Gucci Fendi Isaia Barbera Armani Vuitton"
    ...and their auction gets 30 times the hits mine does.

3. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

And conveniently, no pic of the tag. That's not cool.

Dan

4. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Being in a bit of a passive aggressive mood today, I reported the guy to eBay for keyword spamming. I'll keep an eye on the auction to see if they do anything [​IMG]

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

Ridiculous. $31+ with over 3 days to go. That tie retailed for $45 brand new.

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Yeah, that's a pretty dick thing to do. Alas, some people don't know any better and people who do will try to take advantage.

Jon.

7. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

If I use a brand name that is NOT the brand of the auction item I do it inside the ad, not the title and do so for purposes of illustration.

Example: "Belvest is a little nicer than Canali or Corneliani, not quite as nice as Brioni" to describe a brand that not everyone is familiar with. I rarely even do that and don't get complaints because 99% of the time folks search by title only and otherwise they can tell that I am being descriptive - not sneaky. It's a gray area - I think intent comes through most of the time.

Pet peeve #2: "Tom James (Oxxford) suit yada yada yada"
    A shared parent does not a sibling make. I've seen some nice stuff from TJ, construction is good and they go cheap on ebay... but them ain't Oxxfords.

8. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

I guess being a rat worked out; the auction isn't up anymore.