• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Love this auction!!

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a great admirer of Charvet's silks
I have worn Charvet ties.

That, Sir, is not a Charvet tie.

It is keyword spamming though. It bugs me that so many people do it. I just love it when I post a Kiton and have 20 items ahead of it on the search page with titles like:
"Generico Tie Brioni Kiton Oxxford Attolini Gucci Fendi Isaia Barbera Armani Vuitton"
...and their auction gets 30 times the hits mine does.

aybojs

Reaction score
Being in a bit of a passive aggressive mood today, I reported the guy to eBay for keyword spamming. I'll keep an eye on the auction to see if they do anything

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I use a brand name that is NOT the brand of the auction item I do it inside the ad, not the title and do so for purposes of illustration.

Example: "Belvest is a little nicer than Canali or Corneliani, not quite as nice as Brioni" to describe a brand that not everyone is familiar with. I rarely even do that and don't get complaints because 99% of the time folks search by title only and otherwise they can tell that I am being descriptive - not sneaky. It's a gray area - I think intent comes through most of the time.

Pet peeve #2: "Tom James (Oxxford) suit yada yada yada"
A shared parent does not a sibling make. I've seen some nice stuff from TJ, construction is good and they go cheap on ebay... but them ain't Oxxfords.

aybojs

Reaction score
I guess being a rat worked out; the auction isn't up anymore.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.