• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lova suits

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gilt is having a Lova sale. I've purchased several of their shirts in the past and have been really happy with the fit and thought the quality was decent. Their suits appear to be very slimly cut (and remniscent of RLBL).

Anyone have experience with their suits? Who makes them? Is it half-canvassed or fused?

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bump, i'm wondering the same thing too

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JChance
bump, i'm wondering the same thing too

I have a blazer from them, it's definitely not fully canvassed but is decently constructed for the price and has some neat details. It's very slim btw and I believe all of their clothes are, you may want to size up. I'll try and remember tomorrow to see where it is made, my assumption is US but it may very well be overseas.

Icehawk

Reaction score
Made in the USA, probably LA.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you end up trying out the LOVA suit? Pics?

Originally Posted by sportin_life
Gilt is having a Lova sale. I've purchased several of their shirts in the past and have been really happy with the fit and thought the quality was decent. Their suits appear to be very slimly cut (and remniscent of RLBL).

Anyone have experience with their suits? Who makes them? Is it half-canvassed or fused?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is this an eye-talian thing? I lov-a me-a some-a suit-a too-a!

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's on Gilt right now for $199-299, 5 suits available. If you have the 20% off from yesterday, thats $160 per suit, I got myself one, gonna check it out next week!

untungl

Reaction score
a little update:

the fit is pretty close to my RLBL but without the heavily padded shoulders, and the only thing that really needed to be tailored was the pants waist.

I have no effin idea about any of the intricacies of suits, but they seem to be pretty good for $200. They are made in China though.

kinggimp

Reaction score
so sizing up worked out? does that mean if i'm usually a 38, a 40 would do it for me?

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not USA made?!? Oh darn.

Originally Posted by untungl
a little update:

the fit is pretty close to my RLBL but without the heavily padded shoulders, and the only thing that really needed to be tailored was the pants waist.

I have no effin idea about any of the intricacies of suits, but they seem to be pretty good for $200. They are made in China though.

untungl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kinggimp
so sizing up worked out? does that mean if i'm usually a 38, a 40 would do it for me?

I'm normally a 40 and went up to a 42 and it's been pretty good so far. The 8 drop helps. I'd imagine the 40 would be good unless you are a particularly lanky 38.

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by untungl
They are made in China though.

Bummer, I had thought all of their stuff may have been US made. I don't recall what the theoretical retail on the (US made) sport coat I have is, maybe $450-600? I bought it for $115 off Gilt about a year or so ago.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my suit today. It was made in CHINA, i got a 70% wool US 38 suit and it fits like a regular (prob drop 7-8). The pants were in 30W and it was SKINNY (we r talking about skin tight for a 32W folk like me, though it still fit), but fortunately, I need not to hem it (inseam was short, prob 30', i'm a 5'9 dude).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads