Louis vuitton suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by marc37, Aug 4, 2004.

1. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Never had any experience with L.V.
    How good are their suits?
    Do they have a casual line?

Maybe Mr Harris might want to weigh in here [with his vast experience with RTW suits].

P.S: l don't want any shoe talk here, only clothing talk [with a focus on suits].

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I don't understand, you mentioned that you wear bespoke Lobb's, but are willing to pair them with Gucci and LV suits? May I suggest Attolini, Borelli, Kiton, Oxxford, instead? They will pair much better with handmade shoes.

Jon.

3. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I would pair *only* Lobb PARIS, not Lobb London shoes with an LV suit. It just wouldn't make any sense in pairing the London's with an LV suit or their casual wear for that matter.

4. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

I believe he was planning on placing an order from a last made in Oz (by a local bootmaker&#33[​IMG]. Haven't heard any updates on it.

5. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

The only Louis Vuitton suits I have seen were rather poorly made, so I thought that they may have been fake. I've never seen any others to compare them to, so the jury remains out...

6. marc37

marc37 Senior member

7. marc37

marc37 Senior member

l will say though, l am planning a trip to Sydney sometime this year to buy a pair of RTW Edward Green. l am also going to check out some John Cutler be-spoke suits. The suits are very expensive (up to $10,000) but may be worth the expense (John is reputed to be the best in Aust). Maybe be-spoke is a possibility. l am starting to hate fused suits. [​IMG] Handmade is really starting to turn me on.

8. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

My dear dear marc37,
    Have you already forgotten what you wrote at Andy's site?
    marc_au's "discussion" at AskAndy's I daresay that both Brioni and Borrelli are "good suits" and are far superior to LV. So.... is it "hard" then to get good suits in Oz [​IMG] . Have you really tried? Oh, as for the Lobbs, what about the poster at Andy's who told you that a Lobb representative goes to Hermes in Oz once a year to take measurements and orders? Have you followed that up? [​IMG] Finally, how are you going to the UK when you say that you can't ride a plane, or go on long trips on a car, or in a boat? [​IMG]

9. marc37

marc37 Senior member

l have checked with Hermes'. They do not have a Lobb rep come to Australia once a year, this is false. No market for it. l will check again. Which Hermes' (in Ox) said that??? Borrelli is a definite when l stablize my weight. Boat travell is the only option. l'll just have to put up with spewing my guts up for 8 weeks. Plane travel is medically dangerous. Looking at rocks even makes me spew my guts up. lt may sound comical but it's true. l have a very delicate constitution; why do you think l have the diet l do. [​IMG]

10. marc37

marc37 Senior member

l really thought L.V clothing would be better made. They look like beautiful designed suits. The L.V suits look fused in some of the pictures l have seen.

Are all L.V clothing items (shirts etc) of very average quality?

Would L.V compare more to Armani?

11. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

LV would certainly compare more to Armani than Borrelli, Kiton, Oxxford.

Just b/c a large majority of the board doesn't care for Armani, LV, does not mean you should not be interested in the clothing. You're dressing for you after all. If I found a great deal on an Armani or LV piece and I loved it I would absolutely buy it. Only if it was an amazing deal though, as the quality is absolutely not what the others mentioned above are. But quality ain't everything- I'm sure we've all spent a good amount of clothing we know isn't high in quality but fit good and looked good, which is just as important.

12. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior member

13. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

sorry, there is no way, absolutely no way this is correct.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Originally Posted by Baby Chickpea,05 Aug. 2004, 11:24
    PS - for what its worth, eBay is IT. Brand new Versace suits for US$250-$350 in current season Donatella designs.
    sorry, there is no way, absolutely no way this is correct.
    I've seen some for about $800+ before. There are some for about 600+ but those are last season Couture items. The $400 ones are usually the Versace Classic stuff.

15. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior member

Sorry guys, but you are incorrect. I myself over the years have bought current season Gianni Versace Couture suits (including 100% silk ones) within this price range.

One such seller is the wonderful tzu45tzu.  I can vouch they all come BRAND NEW with original tags (style and model numbers match labels in breast pocket) and superfast delivery.

Check feedback for many many examples.

There are literally many more if you check his feedback, plus other sellers. Gianni versace Couture suits are amongst my favourite and I have been watching eBay for these suits since 1999 and I can tell you this is very correct.