• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis vuitton shoes

InfiniteSpree

Reaction score
Hi

I have had the Louis Vuitton Lombok loafers you are talking about for about two years. They are by far my favorite casual shoe. They are a driving sole, but because they have "bars" rather than "nubs" they are much, much more durable than any of the Tod's drivers I have had experience with.

I highly recommend them, and will definitely buy another pair at some point.

Ryan

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting. Yes, the ones I saw, the Lombok Loafer, I also noticed it used bars not nubs (definitely a plus). Did you get yours on sale? Or did you pay retail? Did your shoes stretch at all? If so in which direction? Are they worth the $475? Lombok Loafers
p10399721_ph_hero.jpg
Jon.

marc37

Reaction score
L.V shoes are not worth the money. Whilst they have beautiful shoes, l know of other brands that look nicer, better made and more sturdy. Unfortunately; when a company like L.V becomes huge they can charge a large premium to people for wearing their clothing/shoes.

L.V do not make all of their shoes. Different companies are contracted to manufacture their shoes for them.

As for wide feet, there are plenty of google ref's. Just type in `wide shoes'.

kalra2411

Reaction score
I like LV's Lomboks in White or Black, not so much the brown which you showed. However, I do like the darker brown aswell.

I do no think there are many other shoes in that price bracket, perhaps only Cesare Paciotti (who, in my opinion make the best shoe designs known to man). However, for a casual shoe, LV is obviously a better bet. Tod's, quality is appauling, so don't go for them.

Do not think you are going to get Lobb or Berluti quality with the LV's. Quality will be similar to Gucci or Ferragamo (not the studio line).

itzamazing

Reaction score
I really don't think these driving shoes are worth the money, but I am very fond of the color.

The problem that happens often is that the front part will often wear away very easily. If you notice, the rubber sole support do not extend to that to area. You will have to walk extremely carefully, placing your weight on the back of the shoe. This works when it is brand new, but inevitably, one needs to walk naturally. Once you do that, the color will erase and leave a very unattractive scuff mark, unless LV's quality is so high they have done something to prevent this. I will say that the scuff mark isn't always noticeable, but sometimes will spread to the entire front toe area. I noticed the other day a pair of driving mocs that actually had the small rubber support in the toe area that actually looked sharp. This is actually the most important area where you need some type of rubber support, otherwise every time you step, you risk direct contact with the concrete and ruining a pair of $500 shoes in a matter of weeks.

Classic

Reaction score
Although I like the shoes, it is my personal opinion that LV products are over priced, and one is paying predominately for the name.
However, this has not stopped my wife from buying LV products.

Classic

InfiniteSpree

Reaction score
Interesting. Yes, the ones I saw, the Lombok Loafer, I also noticed it used bars not nubs (definitely a plus). Did you get yours on sale? Or did you pay retail? Did your shoes stretch at all? If so in which direction? Are they worth the $475? Lombok Loafers
p10399721_ph_hero.jpg
Jon.
I paid retail; Louis Vuitton does not have sales. Â When I got them two years ago they were around $425. Are they worth the price? Probably not...$500 buys a lot of things. Â Will I buy another pair? Yes. Â I like them, and that's that. They did stretch. Â Mine used to be tight across the top of my foot, but they feel fine now. Â As someone else mentioned, the toe does come in contact with the ground and will show wear. Â On mine, it is not noticeable. Â (Compared with my Tod's, on which the toe is so worn that the leather is "fraying"). For what it's worth, mine are white. Ryan

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am looking for black (maybe dark brown), not white. I am going today to Bal Harbour (which has a Gucci, LV, Ferragamo, etc...) so I will be able to try everything on and see what fits. One good thing about the Ferragamo driver I saw on the Neiman Marcus website is that they have rubber that curves towards the front of the shoe, thus they should last longer than the LV's.

Jon.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have updates on who make LV shoes?

I see some very sharp loafers.. are they hand made shoes?

Any news or info appriciated ..

thanks\t1

FCS

Reaction score
Well, the ones in the pic is anything but hand-made. I don't think they even have a welt.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do not know which company makes them, what I do know is that at least they are made in the UK. Two separate salespeople told me that they are made in the UK, and I noticed that the sizing used is the British system.

I ordered a pair of RL Polo driving shoes, and will see how they fit, if they do not fit properly, I will purchase the LV loafers. I must say, though...the LV are much nicer than the Polo's (well, the LV's cost $475, compared to $155 for the Polo's).

Jon.

alexawl

Reaction score
(Looking good Mr. Kalra,)Kalra2411

Anyway, the Louis Vuitton shoe range for men is good range of shoes combining style and quality, as stated higher quality than Tod's but not a match to Berlutti or Lob, lv shoes are far more "bill board" than Berlutti or lob, in fact more so than Gucci and the GG. The lv lombok loafer is a nice relaxed shoe with jeans, but far from a formal shoe, the lv monogram canvas models are bill board like and good for advertisement of wealth and brand, but quite a poor design of shoe and fit. Owner of both lv monogram shoes and gucci GG loafers, both have a hard to wear feel with their limited use of what to wear them with. However, owning a pair of blue suede lombok's are a far more wearable shoe, with jeans, trousers or possibly a relaxed linen or light suit.
I recommend, the lv shoe range highly however, stay away from the "bill board" shoes as they are highly impractical.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I am not interested in monogram canvas shoes; unless i am buying a bag or something
smile.gif
I was looking for more like this: http://www.eluxury.com/browse....ID=6000 I think this loafer is so sleek yet not too flash ... I find Gucci loafers to be bit for older guy design. BTW, I expect the VL shoes to be made in Italy rather than England .. :\t1

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, I am not interested in monogram canvas shoes; unless i am buying a bag or something
smile.gif
I was looking for more like this: http://www.eluxury.com/browse....ID=6000 I think this loafer is so sleek yet not too flash ... I find Gucci loafers to be bit for older guy design. BTW, I expect the VL shoes to be made in Italy rather than England .. :
If someone has concrete evidence as to where LV shoes are made, an by whom; we would all appreciate the information. Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads