• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Quality - After 3 Weeks use.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Having used a LV Billfold (£205 current Retail Price) with 9 Credit Card slots for 3 Weeks,

........but, but, but where's my quotation of estimated costs of repair ??? Do I have NO OPTIONS to repair at cost ???
Contacted LV Client Service to inquire as to why I was not informed of any options of repair and met with further NO REPLY.

NB: I specifically informed them that this item has sentimental value, a gift from my them girl-friend who became my wife and now............

You've had it for three weeks and you're willing to pay for repairs? You sound . I'm not sure the right word but I can't imagine too many people would offer to pay to repair something that had failed after three weeks.

In three weeks she went from GF to wife? So a wedding gift? Or was this a shot gun wedding?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This would never have occurred if the wallet were deerskin.

this would never have occurred if this was a COACH wallet

J888www

Reaction score
First and foremost, I sent the Billfold to LV for inspection expecting a quote for the cost of repair. At no time in the Opening Post did I state ownership of item for 3 Weeks, I said "Having used a LV Billfold (£205 current Retail Price) with 9 Credit Card slots for 3 Weeks", which was the reason as to why I did not expect a replacement or refund.
In reply, LV assumed that I was after something for nothing, obviously they cannot understand the part of my letter stressing that this holds personal sentimental values, which was the main reason for seeking repair.
Please note that the Title also states "After 3 Weeks usage."

If you all follow the Link at the bottom of the OP, you would realize that the item was returned without an option to repair at my own cost, but only innuendos that I was trying to scam LV.

The specific item was purchased from:
Louis Vuitton,
E2-4 PENINSULA HOTEL
TSIMSHATSUI
KOWLOON
TEL: 236603731

Receipt No. 304198
Item 1 M60905 PTE BILLETS C.BLEUE NM

Sold by ASSOCIATE JANE CHU

Since the purchase, I believe this LV store has since been relocated.
Please scrutinize the 4 uploaded potos from the Link. if you have doubts of its authenticity.
I have seen fake LV products and they are flimsy in comparison. The outer shell of this Billfold is of very sturdy quality but it is the interior sections which are flaking apart.
I had stored this item in an air-tight sealed container for a number of Years (I confess to being a hoarder) which was why I seek repair but in return I was only offered disdainful avoidance and accusations.

It seems like you're really upset. You bought something.........

Please read the OP with more diligence.
Yes I am upset..............because they made the accusations that I am a scammer for no apparent reason.
No I did not buy something and I did not say I made any purchase either............ it was a gift............

I don't think it's fair to call these "LIES."

I think it was fair to call her a liar as she had NOT acknowledged, contrary to her remark, the receiving of my parcel (Billfold, packaging, receipt and letter of explanation) even after I had telephoned LV Client Service twice after the initial inquiry.
After the return of the item, I called Client Service once again to inquire as to the reason why I was not offer to have repair at my own cost....................................still no reply. Seems they work at an ignore client basis.

Yes it seems fair to call her a liar for stating "Our products are made of the highest specifications and should, given sufficient care and attention, provide you with many years of pleasure." as it deteriorated after 3 Weeks of light usage, because I was afraid of causing damage, my other items like Credit Cards, stamps etc etc etc are carried in a Tonino Lamborghini real leather card holder. Unfortunately, I only had 3 Weeks of pleasure.

It sounds like they're replacing it............That's nice of them.

No they are not........................................No they are not, again.

You're a real lucky customer!

Wrong yet again !

You've had it for three weeks and you're willing to pay for repairs? You sound .

I did not say I had it for three Weeks..........I had used it for three Weeks. Yes, I think all my faculties are still within my cranium but who's to say that I am not also crazy.

In three weeks she went from GF to wife?

For your information, the courting lasted many Years over Thousands of Miles and my Beloved has since gone to greet my Lord and Saviour. Before she left on her journey, she had called me foolish for locking away all her gifts.

So a wedding gift? Or was this a shot gun wedding?

If you also read the title and the whole OP correctly, instead of jumping into puerile conclusions with nasty snide remarks, then you would not make the mistake of being seemingly foolish.

The poor quality may be from a particular batch of substandard material, but LV would no doubt have known from past returns.
In business, they would keep these informations hidden from the consumers, else it may lower their prestige, but is it necessary to treat their Clients in such manner, with disdainful avoidance and accusations ?

.....................................and to think that I was only trying to help enlightening others to avoid making the same mistake, along with constructive criticism for LV to improve their standards of operations.

J888www

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, this particular M60905 Billfold was a gift replacement of my other exact same Model Billfold from LV which did last many Years of heavy usage.

That replaced old Billfold, I can confirm (after dissection) was contructed with REAL LEATHER interior separators, the parts which is of imitation leather and flaking in this OP gift Billfold.
So the quality of material seems to have declined in time as prices have risen as if LV's profit margin is not already high enough.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I can't imagine why there'd be any confusion after your clear coherent drama free description of the facts.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can't imagine why there'd be any confusion after your clear coherent drama free description of the facts.
smile.gif

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
StyleForum gives so much, yet ask so little.

BarryOne

Reaction score
You keep saying there are 9 credit card slots when there are clearly only three, but anyway, LV haven't produced this wallet in years (around '08 or '09) so how are they supposed to replace it for you? You've admitted it's years old so they have no obligation to repair it either. IMO you were lucky to get such a nice letter from them.

The interior of LV wallets are indeed made from real leather (there should even have been a little card with the wallet stating that it's made from canvas and cowhide lining) and don't flake. I have five LV wallets and none of them have anything like what you show in the photos. One of them is over 4 years old and still looks like new.

LV customer care in my experience is excellent. I'm picking up my belt from them tomorrow after it was sent to Paris for a repair (which took half the time they originally estimated)

Dib

Reaction score

Yes I am upset..............because they made the accusations that I am a scammer for no apparent reason.

I think it was fair to call her a liar as she had NOT acknowledged, contrary to her remark, the receiving of my parcel (Billfold, packaging, receipt and letter of explanation) even after I had telephoned LV Client Service twice after the initial inquiry.

OP, just to clarify a couple of points on your above comments:

1) Nowhere in the extract of LV's response you have posted do they accuse you of being a scammer (or even allude to this fact). You note that they even conclude by saying they hope to have the pleasure of your custom again soon (which does not strike me as something they would say to someone they think is scamming them).

2) I think you are completely misunderstanding the opening line in LV's letter re their acknowledgment. They open by saying "I acknolwledge receipt of your letter dated 18th of May....". This does not mean that they are saying that they have previously acknowledged your letter, it means that THIS letter they are sending you is an acknowledgemt of the letter that you had sent them. As such, I think it's completely inappropriate to accuse LV of being liars because of this, as you have done so above.

I think there are a number of other inaccuracies in your interpretation of LV's response, but I think the above examples illustrate the general point.

You seem upset that people are assuming things and misinterpreting your posts, yet do not seem to apply the same high standards to yourself.

By the way, how long had you had the item for before contacting LV?

In any event, I do think LV should have given you more information on your options (e.g. a quote for repair or advised whether this was a possibility) and I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience with something which obviously has great sentimental value for you.

Dib

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

is it made in france or spain?
i cant imagine the one who made in france would have poor quality

Did you all miss that Hermes man posted in this thread?

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Welcome back, Hermes Man, and stay away from LV.

OP, someone gave you an LV wallet years ago and assured you of its authenticity, you had it hermetically sealed for ages, finally broke it out of its sarcophagus, find it wanting after 3 weeks of use, and LV will not make good? Scoundrels, sir, they are nothing but base scoundrels!

Pics of said wallet, please.

Last edited:

Dib

Reaction score

OP, just to clarify a couple of points on your above comments:
1) Nowhere in the extract of LV's response you have posted do they accuse you of being a scammer (or even allude to this fact). You note that they even conclude by saying they hope to have the pleasure of your custom again soon (which does not strike me as something they would say to someone they think is scamming them).
2) I think you are completely misunderstanding the opening line in LV's letter re their acknowledgment. They open by saying "I acknolwledge receipt of your letter dated 18th of May....". This does not mean that they are saying that they have previously acknowledged your letter, it means that THIS letter they are sending you is an acknowledgemt of the letter that you had sent them. As such, I think it's completely inappropriate to accuse LV of being liars because of this, as you have done so above.
I think there are a number of other inaccuracies in your interpretation of LV's response, but I think the above examples illustrate the general point.
You seem upset that people are assuming things and misinterpreting your posts, yet do not seem to apply the same high standards to yourself.
By the way, how long had you had the item for before contacting LV?
In any event, I do think LV should have given you more information on your options (e.g. a quote for repair or advised whether this was a possibility) and I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience with something which obviously has great sentimental value for you.
Dib

Sorry OP, one more question: did your letter accompanying the wallet specifically request a quote for repairing the wallet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads