• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

louis vuitton handbag

rogerm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
As others have mentioned, LV doesn't do sales or price reductions, and they also do not allow other retailers to sell their products, you can only buy new LV goods at LV boutiques.
If you really do not want to pay out full price then check out this site for advice on the second-hand LV market:
www.mypoupette.com/

I second http://www.mypoupette.com/

They are reputable and could help if you were looking on ebay. They also do sell new items when they get their hands on them.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you plan on buying LV just bite the bullet and pay retail at a boutique. The headache from buying a fake is not worth the effort. Or convince your wife that LV is overrated and ugly, and that she doesn't want it.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cavalier
I pray to god my future wife isn't like that
colgate.gif

Don't marry an asian

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
As others have mentioned, LV doesn't do sales or price reductions, and they also do not allow other retailers to sell their products, you can only buy new LV goods at LV boutiques.
If you really do not want to pay out full price then check out this site for advice on the second-hand LV market:
www.mypoupette.com/

Many LV boutiques are located in high end departments like Saks and Neimans.
Anyone old enough to remember when LV was sold mostly in major luggage stores?
I think that trend come to a halt in the early 70s? During that period my wife got her first LV (Brenner's luggage in Indianapolis) for around $100. It finally started to crack around 97 or 98.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
I wouldn't get a LV bag at any other place besides a LV store. There are so many fakes out there, why bother.

Then again, I wouldn't buy a LV bag in the first place...

Get her a fake bag and you deserve a fake woman

hi-res

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan9
Just give her a fake. *******.

I have a mens LV fake and no one knows the difference.I even get compliments occasionally, granted from those who don't know better. I agree, so many fakes on so many labels now that in my mind it sort of cheapens the originals. Probably the only reason I get away with my fake LV is the fact that everything else I am wearing is authentic, so if my Canali suits are real, people just assume my LV bag is real too.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Night Owl
Don't marry an asian
I never really understood our fascination with labels. When I was growing up, a friend's dad told us that if we were buying Nike t-shirts to make sure the logo is huge so people will know. They were a hard-working family too, so they didn't seem like label whores to me. Then again, my parents objected to $5 t-shirts when I was younger. I'd hate to show them my closet now . . .

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
I have a mens LV fake and no one knows the difference.I even get compliments occasionally, granted from those who don't know better. I agree, so many fakes on so many labels now that in my mind it sort of cheapens the originals. Probably the only reason I get away with my fake LV is the fact that everything else I am wearing is authentic, so if my Canali suits are real, people just assume my LV bag is real too.
(You're supposed to remove the Canali label on the sleeve)

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are African guys selling them on the street in Athens and Turin. Pretty good deals - I'm sure they're authentic . . . .

Macallan9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
I never really understood our fascination with labels. When I was growing up, a friend's dad told us that if we were buying Nike t-shirts to make sure the logo is huge so people will know. They were a hard-working family too, so they didn't seem like label whores to me.

Then again, my parents objected to $5 t-shirts when I was younger. I'd hate to show them my closet now . . .

I think it's always been more of a middle-class thing to have gigantic labels to show how wealthy you are. I wore my fair share of garbage with nike swooshes and adidas logos when i was younger.

EdenResident

Reaction score
I never really understood our fascination with labels. When I was growing up, a friend's dad told us that if we were buying Nike t-shirts to make sure the logo is huge so people will know. They were a hard-working family too, so they didn't seem like label whores to me.

Then again, my parents objected to $5 t-shirts when I was younger. I'd hate to show them my closet now . . .

90% Vietnamese people I know who care about fashion are straight up label whores. Admittedly, that includes me in a way. I like buying brand name stuff but I stay away from the gaudy crap.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

take a trip to Japan and report back with label fascination observations.

romad119

Reaction score
I can get LV, Prada, Gucci, Chanel, Coach all in one of dozens of stores! Nothing but the real thing here in Korea
mwink[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads