Louis dell'ollio

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JuniorJetSet, Oct 11, 2004.

1. JuniorJetSet

JuniorJetSet Well-Known Member

What is your opinion of the quality of this brand. I am interested in their cashmere coats, but have never heard of them before I logged on to Overstock. thanks. [​IMG]

2. JuniorJetSet

Doesn't anyone know about this brand? [​IMG]

3. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

haven't heard of it personally.

4. JuniorJetSet

^^Thanks. The price seems a lot for a no-name brand. I guess I'll look elsewhere.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Reaching back here... When I was in high school, I guess, maybe early college, like late 90s, I did a significant amount of dress-clothes shopping at SYMS - I'm surprised I never see it mentioned here. It's a discount designer clothing store, no online presence, kind of overstock.com-ish in selection. One by me was in an old ice skating rink. Weird, fluorescent lighting. Sometimes some nice clothes, always had rl polo, burberry, aquascutum, lacoste... This was before I had even seen some of these makers retail. Took some hunting though, and always LOT of crap. Lots of suits/sportcoats in a lot of sizes, pretty cheap, but again, mostly crap. Anyway, that's the only place I remember seeing ol' Louis Dell Olio, and I remember thinking even then that it wasn't good stuff. I'd avoid as a rule, unless I saw it in person and it changed my mind. Stacy Adams' flash and about the same quality, as I remember.

6. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

Louis Dell Olio was the designer for the womens company , Anne Klein. I have no idea who liscenced the name for mens wear. Sort of a an odd choice since he is not well known. I am surprised that they have put so much Money behind Michael Kors who is a big ol queen. Not the type of guy that most straight guys want to be seen in his clothes. I have no idea what the Kors line even looks like.

7. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Senior member

The same Syms family which owned Sulka?