• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Boston winter sale

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Title post says it all. I've heard that they just do one super sale -- no waiting for a discount to get even deeper. Is this true? When does the thing start? Anyone know?

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They send out notices for the beginning of the sale at least a few weeks prior--don't recall when it generally is, but haven't received my notice yet. The first week is 50% off, second week is 60% off.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the store pretty well picked over at Week 1, or do people tend to wait for the 60% week to start.

Could you post a head's up on the Forum when you get your notice?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called the store and they said the sale starts on January 8th.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can read that jderickson site, he describes the sale in great detail.

rjsphd

Reaction score
Sale is 50 first week, 60 off second week. no returns, of course. Last Fall there was plenty of merchandize later in the first week but it got thin at the end. This summer (they do a sale twice a year) there hardly anything left two days into the sale. My advice: hit it the first few days.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do they put on sale? Everything? Some things? For example, will Vass shoes be on sale? Will all of the Belvest suits be on sale? Thanks.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do they put on sale?  Everything?  Some things?  For example, will Vass shoes be on sale?  Will all of the Belvest suits be on sale?  Thanks.
Most everything ends up on sale, including shoes as I recall. Cannot speak to the Vass shoes per se, though I know that some Lattanzi's & Mantellassi's end up in the sales bins, among others. It is pretty much a seasonal clean sweep. All items placed in the common space areas are generally sale items, while the smaller boutiques tend to be off limits discount-wise (the Barbera room, for one--damn. Not surprisingly, much of the stuff you see in there is truly "amazing", to coin an oft over-used ebay term; it is all the right fabrics and colors and styles and combinations thereof. It's just not available at 70% off. In general, there is a reason why we see so much so-called high-end stuff discounted at 70-80%, and why other stuff is hard to find at any discount whatsoever. Louis sales are a good opportunity to find some of that amazing stuff @ 50% off. End of rant).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads