1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Louie on FX

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Dedalus, Jun 30, 2010.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

louie, louie, lou-wiii..

2. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Houston is sold out for his tour :(. I knew I shouldn't have waited to buy tickets.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Love season 2 so far.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

These past two episodes have been pretty meh. Parker Posey does have a certain crazy/hot thing going on that I dig. "My name's Tape Recorder"

5. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

I absolutely loved the awkward way that Louie asked her out in the second to last episode.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Now this was a good episode. The strip club scene was hilarious. I cracked up when they put on Sister Christian.

1 person likes this.
  7. js4design

js4design Senior member

That ep was great all around. I especailly enjoyed it because I'm a fan of Opie and Anthony (and Jim Norton) and they played the KC radio hosts, along with the great Amy Schumer. The voice Louie and Robin both did for Barney was great too, because I'm pretty sure it was a goof on club owner Vinnie Brand. Add to that Artie Lang as thr truck driver and you've got an episode filled with perfect cameos. This was easily one of my favorite episodes - the scene with Louie telling Never why Lilly doesn't like him had me crying from laughing so hard.

8. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

Dude, that was awesome.

When Never says, I'm going to tell my mom and Louie responds with, "I'll take the heat".

9. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Best episode of the season. I was laughing a ton.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I love this show so hard it saddens me I didn't discover it sooner

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  11. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

its crazy how all these characters feel genuinely like the east village

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

weird episode this week. kind of all over the place. the scene with Maron was funny as shit. "you came over here 5 years ago and said the exact same thing."

13. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

I usually can't stand child actors, but I just adore Louie's youngest daughter.

1 person likes this.
  14. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

David Lynch = win

Louie is always getting screwed. Haha.

1 person likes this.
  15. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

She's incredible. She's got a real future in comedy. I love the way she skirts the line between cute and obnoxious.

16. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

^ I'm catching up with season 3 and I enjoy every scene with the youngest girl. I actually find her obnoxiousness adorable

17. js4design

js4design Senior member

Great end to the arc.

18. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

^ Agreed.

Was the Louie boxing scene at the end supposed to be interpreted as him still continuing to improve himself, despite getting screwed over?

19. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

The three parter was as epic as a three parter should be. Funny and beautiful. I had to admire Louie's suit too. Made me realize that Louis would actually be a great host, but of course I hope he never becomes one. He wouldn't be able to drop the kind of wisdom he does now hosting a network talk show.

20. js4design

js4design Senior member

The piano music that was first introduced when he was "offered" the pilot in the first ep of the arc, and then carried throughout the other two episodes, was hauntingly beautiful and did a great job of both capturing and heightening the overall mood. And I think the boxing was supposed to signify Louie continuing to try to improve himself, because the scene of him yelling at The Late Show marquee showed that he had won, at least as much as he was able to win in his situation.