• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loud plaids and windowpanes

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
From last Friday:

tdx007rz0.jpg

tdx008uk4.jpg

I went to shop with a girlfriend once and tried on a jacket just like this, and she told me "Great, with this you'll look like you are wearing a carpet"
tounge.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by graphix
I picked up this jacket from charles tyrwhitt a few months ago for $100. Probably my favorite purchase so far...working sleeve buttons, thread for a flower stem. Anyone have any recommendations for what color trousers to wear with this? So far ive just worn it with a light pink button down, slim fit jeans, and chili colored AE's.

XWJCHC_5.jpg

Light to medium grey and tan/khaki would be best in my opinion.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reviving a dormant thread...

I picked up this at the Paul Stuart sale. 3.5 yards of lambswool/angora. It feels a little like the Loro Piana Coarsehair material--light, soft, with a little scratchiness to it. I think it could make a great spring/fall coat. But I might have enough for a suit. Too loud?

DSC09925-2.jpg

DSC09923-3.jpg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not too loud. But probably too short. Try for the jacket, though.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
A brother to Iammatt's tweed:
lslaylh3.jpg

I've seen the right one in person. It is great. The left one is terrific as well. So much for Huntsman's exclusive tweeds
wink.gif

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I've seen the right one in person. It is great. The left one is terrific as well. So much for Huntsman's exclusive tweeds
wink.gif

Exclusive indeed
smile.gif

The right one is what I will be getting made up for fall. I like yours and the one on the left but it didn't look too nice with my skin tone.

Biscione

Reaction score
I adore plaids. I saw this picture of the Duke of Windsor's closet, and really liked some of the pieces: I'd love to say my collection was the same. Anyway, I'll post some offerings. They're not too loud, but I like them regardless. I unfortunately can't find my other plaid waistcoat, because I love them both. They look great with a pin or chalk-stripe suit (an unusual affectation, but it adds a remarkable amount of character to an outfit). That's it for plaid. (Awaits pointless comments about clothes hangers).

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscione

I unfortunately can't find my other plaid waistcoat, because I love them both. They look great with a pin or chalk-stripe suit (an unusual affectation, but it adds a remarkable amount of character to an outfit).

Any pictures of the ensemble? My interest is piqued.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rethink dog bed.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
From the WAYWRN thread;

DSC02708.jpg
DSC02704.jpg

DSC02701.jpg

Good God! Did you get arrested when you walked outside?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads