• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lotus Evora

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the car, especially the concept of a mid-engined 2+2 car (even though the rear seats would likely not fit much).

jkennett

Reaction score
beautiful car since it has everything i'd want. 4 seats, performance, and good gas mileage.

CodeRed

Reaction score
I love my Exige S, but this looks much more practical..better than a rip off P car.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
toyota engine again?

Yes, but as mentioned elsewhere, the pricetag is likely to be astronomical.

--Andre

CodeRed

Reaction score
Actually a Yahama engine rebaged as a toyota, but that is better.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's something strange looking about the rear 1/3 of the car. It's like it has an exotic front end and the rear of a current celica, the way it is choppy. I'm not a huge fan of the way the rear window intersects either. It much more practical however than the Elise.

I actually wish we had the Lotus Europa here.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like this car is going to enter production, and possibly enter the North American market as well:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/20/l...to-the-states/

I'm hopeful that as more car companies become more environmentally conscious, designs like this will be more common: efficient, light cars that rethink the normal car packaging to get better use of space in a smaller car. Lighter cars, soup to nuts, have less environmental impact than heavier cars, too.

--Andre

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Looks like this car is going to enter production, and possibly enter the North American market as well:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/20/l...to-the-states/

I'm hopeful that as more car companies become more environmentally conscious, designs like this will be more common: efficient, light cars that rethink the normal car packaging to get better use of space in a smaller car. Lighter cars, soup to nuts, have less environmental impact than heavier cars, too.

--Andre

Yeah, it's definitely going into production. My friend was invited to a small, private reveal put on by Lotus down in Orange County a few days ago. I believe getting a better foothold in NA is part of Lotus' interest in getting into ALMS.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did your friend think of the car?

--Andre

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
What did your friend think of the car?

--Andre

She thought it would definitely be a better daily than the Elise or Exige she's tested since it's far more refined, which is what they were going for.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Thanks, Lotus, for showing me my next car. Not immediately, but probably in the next 5-7 years.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40