• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Series is getting pathetic!

dentistology

Reaction score
It started off with such a good concept and story was running so well. However, Lost series, the TV series, is getting pathetic in its story.

how many of you are still liking it?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It seemed to take a turn into the bizarre very quickly with alien plotlines and tons of other weird things. I wasn't a regular watcher, but I think after the first season I stopped making a point of watching or keeping up. Reminds me of the bizarre "mac" plot twist on the old Magnum P.I. reruns from the 80s.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there a plot summary I can read? I can't be bothered with watching...
smile.gif

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is apparent that there is no master story arc for the series, a fact to which the producers have admitted. This leads to a lot of events being forgotten even though they seemed to have great importance at the time of their introduction (the big crunching island defense system, Hanso corporation and the Dharma Initiative and so on). The flash forward technique is an effective gimmick that could and does cut down on the incoherence which shows that the producers might have developed a cohesive arc.

In all the show is a shining example of how not to develop a long running series although there are enough 'saves' throughout to keep people somewhat interested. I suspect the show relies heavily on script doctors to churn out various episodes that are compelling without necessarily advancing the arc.

The show also reinforces the fact that attractive white people are most likely to survive a major plane crash.
rolleyes.gif

micbain

Reaction score
Anyone watching the finale tonight? I hear they will reveal who was in the coffin in the season finale last year..

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally gave up on this show after the last season ended. It was just getting to be too much.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'm still into it as much as season 1. tho it's def taken on some odd turns and twists. cant wait for the finale tonite, it's supposed to have one of those cliffhanger endings that drive you nuts, knowing you gotta wait til Jan 09 for the resolution

micbain

Reaction score
maybe they'll explain the numbers....or the time travelling....or the giant 4-toed foot....

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
explaining the 4 toed foot was supposed to happen this season, but with the writers strike and the truncated season, it doesnt seem like it will until next season

fftfft

Reaction score
I still enjoy the series and find it just as engaging as season 1. The writers seem to have accelerated the pace of the show vs seasons 2 and 3, which is refreshing.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
explaining the 4 toed foot was supposed to happen this season, but with the writers strike and the truncated season, it doesnt seem like it will until next season

I didn't realize the season was shortened because of the strike. A shame...

I am just as much into it this season as the first 3 but I think the past 6 eps or so have really kind of dragged on. They have all this suspense with little happening it seems.

The wormhole stuff is interesting but it kind of makes my eyes roll a little bit when shows try to do this. But I just try to accept it and hope something becomes of it.

I'm sad to see all these characters dying though. I could go on and on but I'll be watching the series all the way through I think.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
is there a plot summary I can read? I can't be bothered with watching...
smile.gif

sites like tv.com have detailed recaps and short summaries.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by micbain
so lock is dead...

Meh, I bet it's an Alan Quatermain thing -- the Island would never let him die.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads