1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LOST: Season 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Nouveau Pauvre, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Nothing really changed when John encountered Ethan. Sure, they exchanged a few words but overall, nothing significant. If anything, Ethan stopped John from changing the past as I assume John was going to interfere with the beech craft somehow.

The soldiers are another matter entirely. I find myself wondering the same thing. And what of the castaways that died via flaming arrows? Intriguing stuff indeed.

2. micbain

micbain Senior member

Nothing really changed when John encountered Ethan. Sure, they exchanged a few words but overall, nothing significant. If anything, Ethan stopped John from changing the past as I assume John was going to interfere with the beech craft somehow.

Really? You don't think Ethan went back to camp and talked to Ben? "Hey, the strangest thing happened...I ran into this guy named John Locke...said he knew you....and oh yah, he dissapeared into thin air".[​IMG]

3. Neo_Version 7

Well, there hasn't been any confirmation that Ethan didn't tell Ben everything. I mean, most of what I'm saying is still up for debate. I don't think we can understand everything there is to understand about time-travel two episodes in. From what I've gathered though, that's how I see things.

4. micbain

micbain Senior member

Well, there hasn't been any confirmation that Ethan didn't tell Ben everything.
    I mean, most of what I'm saying is still up for debate. I don't think we can understand everything there is to understand about time-travel two episodes in. From what I've gathered though, that's how I see things.

You got a point.

Stupid show...next up, the island will move into outer space...and sadly, I'll still be watching.

5. briancl

briancl Senior member

The soldiers are another matter entirely. I find myself wondering the same thing.

These soldiers probably die anyway. So the future hasn't been altered.

Also, it is possible to make slight changes, but fate will always course correct. If you save someone's life, then something else will kill them. If you try to kill someone who is alive on the other side, then something/someone will intervene to prevent it.

I think this gets at the main theme of the show.. fate vs free will. What are people able to do on their own and under their own control, and how much of this is already decided by the state of the future aka "fate"?

6. Neo_Version 7

Also, it is possible to make slight changes, but fate will always course correct. If you save someone's life, then something else will kill them. If you try to kill someone who is alive on the other side, then something/someone will intervene to prevent it.
    I think an appropriate example of this concept at work is Charlie back in Season 3. And is it me or is Juliet gotten bangable this season? Moreso than that ever-annoying Kate Austin.

7. micbain

micbain Senior member

I think an appropriate example of this concept at work is Charlie back in Season 3.

And is it me or is Juliet gotten bangable this season? Moreso than that ever-annoying Kate Austin.

I can't stand Kate's teeth....they look like chicklets

8. slappysloopy

slappysloopy Senior member

Faraday telling Sawyer in episode one "You're camp's not gone, it hasn't been built yet" just gave me chills. It's going to be a great season.

9. unrated

unrated Senior member

And is it me or is Juliet gotten bangable this season? Moreso than that ever-annoying Kate Austin.

Juliet has always been bangable.

10. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

^^^^+1. Jack should have banged her out a long time ago and dropped kate like a bad habit.

11. Neo_Version 7

He could have had both, really.

Now it's up to James.

12. MHH89

MHH89 Senior member

This just blew my mind.

i thought that as well but the whispers seemed to happened only before something bad occured.

13. robbie

robbie Senior member

I started watching just prior to season 4.

The show is so good, it makes me wonder why its not on cable.

I think Sun is going to end up being like Walts Dad (I can't remember his name). The whole confrontation about Jin being dead with Kate and the meeting with Whitmore makes me think she's going to end up making a bunch of 'mistakes' fueled by revenge etc.

14. rocks

rocks Senior member

[​IMG]

15. Neo_Version 7

I'm sure Sun is going to be doing a lot of horrible things to Jack, Kate, anyone really who might have had something to do with Jin's apparent death. Strange thing is, I'd expect her to be more angry at Widmore considering it was his freighter and his men. Hopefully, she's merely putting up a front (much like Michael did for Ben last season).

That being said, I can imagine Sun about to do something unforgivable this season before Jin suddenly appears before her alive and well.

16. micbain

micbain Senior member

I'm sure Sun is going to be doing a lot of horrible things to Jack, Kate, anyone really who might have had something to do with Jin's apparent death.

You think so? I thought she explicitly stated last season that she blames two people for Jin's death...her father (after she buys his company, she tells him off) and Ben (who she wants to kill with the help of Widmore). I thought that was the the whole point of the "I don't blame you" conversation with Kate last week.

I think she'll use the rest of the cast as pawns in order to get Ben...but probably won't intentionally hurt them.

17. Neo_Version 7

Actually that whole "I don't blame you" conversation came off as somewhat ominous -- kind of like a warning. But you are correct, I had completely forgotten about her blaming Mr. Pike as well.

See, that's what I still do not completely understand. Sure, Ben had a hand in Jin's "death" but Widmore is more accountable than anyone.

18. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

You guys really need to see Gia.

19. Neo_Version 7

If anything goes wrong, Angelina Jolie will be Juliet's constant.

20. micbain

micbain Senior member

Actually that whole "I don't blame you" conversation came off as somewhat ominous -- kind of like a warning. But you are correct, I had completely forgotten about her blaming Mr. Pike as well.

See, that's what I still do not completely understand. Sure, Ben had a hand in Jin's "death" but Widmore is more accountable than anyone.

Yah, good point...but I would be more inclined to blame Ben as it was his decision to kill the commando (Keeme or somthing), knowing full well everyone on the boat would die...he could have knocked him out or something instead...but wanted to exact revenge after Keeme killed Alex.... which reminds me, I wonder how far along Ben is towards killing Widmores daughter as he promised.

On a seperate topic, I wonder if the island is moving in both time AND space so it would be jumping around the globe as well as through time.

Can't wait for tonights episode...