• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOST: Season 5

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I haven't watched a single episode from this season because I can't stand the commercials and week between episodes. I'm waiting for DVD. What was the general consensus on this season for those who watched it?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I haven't watched a single episode from this season because I can't stand the commercials and week between episodes. I'm waiting for DVD. What was the general consensus on this season for those who watched it?

They have all the episodes online now (from every season, including this one) at ABC.com with limited comercials.

I liked the season overall, although it does become more involved with time travel as an aspect of the show (which you may or may not like). You learn more about the oceanic six, Dharma initiative, Widmore, Rousseau, and a little bit more on the whole Jacob thing towards the end. It definitely left me wanting to watch next season.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I really didn't get into the show until after the whole writers strike debacle... does anyone think the show went down hill (like many shows) after the writers strike due to a loss of momentum?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I really didn't get into the show until after the whole writers strike debacle... does anyone think the show went down hill (like many shows) after the writers strike due to a loss of momentum?

I don't think it was really effected by the writers strike as a whole. It has changed since that time in a number of ways, but I don't really see the writers strike as being causal like it was in a number of other shows. The season was only cut short by two or three episodes (depending on how you view the final) and it didn't really effect the overall arc of the season.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the last episode as a whole, including the flashbacks to the past where Jacob fit into the overall picture more clearly.

The most laughable parts were definitely the shootout where the darma soldiers with automatic weapons basically sprayed and prayed missing the broad side of a barn whereas the lost cast were able to duck from behind cover and one shot kill them all with handguns. When did they suddenly all earn their shooting merit badges?

Also the whole bomb falls deep into a pit and doesn't blow up yet she can hit it with a rock and (seemingly blow it up) is a bit far fetched. Same with her falling that deep and living. With the metal on her legs being magnetized she would have fallen even faster. Also someone else mentioned this on another forum but they were working with a pocket of magnetized energy yet were using all metal equipment conveniently around the hole which they were digging.

The end of Season 1 was still the best for me and the intro to season 2.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
I don't think the bomb blew up...I think the flash was them shifting in time again because of the initial incident. My take is that Jacob was refering to the people from the past coming when he told "Locke" that "they're on their way...."

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree that Jacob was referring to the the Losties from '77 coming back to the present; but I say the bomb went off.

First off, the white light seemed sudden as opposed to a loud ringing before the flash. And to have most of the season revolve around the bomb then not having it go off is just bad story-telling.

If they somehow managed to go into the future, poor Juliet being buried alive. Then again, I read the actress has a pilot in production.

Chris2289

Reaction score
I initially expected that most of the next series would be based around them never going to the Island but them having intuitions and flashbacks about what was supposed to happen and them eventually ending up on the island as its their destiny or whatever.

However, as there is only 17 or so episodes left i doubt this will be the way to go.

I think the idea that the bomb didn't go off and they traveled through time is far more likely.

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero

This past season was mediocre at best. The finale was a complete letdown. Here's hoping that the final season will be nearly as good as the first.

DeCaloFashion1

Reaction score
I hope they digitally improve that submarine in the DVD edition
smile.gif

Liasl

Reaction score
I have to say - it was THE coolest season so far - especially the actor for you-know-who.

Truly awesome.. can't wait to see what next one will bring.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty sure the bomb went off. hence the white background and black text following the explosion noise, not to mention the whole thing at the end with locke & jacob. things are gonna be radically different i think. enough to fill a season? maybe too much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads