1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LOST: Season 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Nouveau Pauvre, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Every time they would jump back in time, I would always expect to see Rousseau.

Alas, naught but Ethan Rom and some machete-wielding maniacs.

2. Francis91

Francis91 Senior member

sorry i am super lazy to look it up but anyone have links to the entertainment weekly articles?

+1 on sun and penny's dad being behind the test.

i think sun will be a wildcard when it comes to this season. i really dont feel that she will go back to the island to help the people on it. altough i guess the thing that may bring her back there is if jin is alive....

Here you go:

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,1550612,00.html

3. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Senior member

Is there any reason the redneck called that one guy 'Frogurt'?

4. Neo_Version 7

He's known to have sold frozen yogurt. Fortunately, we did not get flashbacks of that loser.

5. rocks

rocks Senior member

Another fan here..........[​IMG]

6. gdc_2008

gdc_2008 Senior member

I think so. Her name is apparently Ms. Hawkings and she is also the old lady whom Desmond tries to buy Penny's ring from (season 3 I think). Had to look it up, though. She tells him he can't and that his destiny is to land on the island.

A good source for me is Entertainment Weekly's Jeff Jensen articles. He does a good job of summarizies and theorizing if anyone is interested.

Do you all think the baby in the beginning is Miles?

Who do you think is behind the paternity test? Ben or Sun?

Don't mess with her or Michael and Tommy will be pissed! [​IMG]

7. sfnewbie

sfnewbie Well-Known Member

Did it ever explain how Ben got off the island?

And I think Hurley is hilarious. Without him the show would be too serious imo.

8. cjbreed

cjbreed Senior member

yeah it needs him but at times he is just too stupid. i mean why in the world would u confess to murder and volunteer for life in jail. i mean gimme a break no one is that stupid. i wanted to reach thru the tv and choke him, but then realized my hands won't reach around his neck.

also, www.timelooptheory.com had this whole time travel thing pegged a long time ago. the timeline he came up with is awesome...but kind of a spoiler

9. briancl

briancl Senior member

ben turned the wheel and landed in the desert.

10. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

When he turned the "frozen donkey wheel he was cast off the island."

11. sfnewbie

sfnewbie Well-Known Member

ben turned the wheel and landed in the desert.
    When he turned the "frozen donkey wheel he was cast off the island."
    Thanks, I remember that part now.
    yeah it needs him but at times he is just too stupid. i mean why in the world would u confess to murder and volunteer for life in jail. i mean gimme a break no one is that stupid. i wanted to reach thru the tv and choke him, but then realized my hands won't reach around his neck.
    True, but he is going crazy so you never know. But now you know they'll have to get him out of jail somehow. And yeah, he is a huge guy.

12. Beta

Beta Senior member

Every time they would jump back in time, I would always expect to see Rousseau.

Alas, naught but Ethan Rom and some machete-wielding maniacs.

Rousseau is slated to appear this season, possible this week

13. micbain

micbain Senior member

Rousseau is slated to appear this season, possible this week

I thought they killed her off a little too quick in season 4...I wanted to find out more about her story and the sickness.

14. DeCaloFashion1

DeCaloFashion1 Senior member

I hope that the 'timewheel' leaves our characters in a time period that explains the giant 4 toed statue that was seen on the other coast of the island!

15. Neo_Version 7

This whole time-skipping concept actually works quite well as a story mechanism. We'll actually be able to find out things such as Rousseau's background. One of the strangest theories I've read is due to Sawyer's toe getting messed up last week, he could very well end up as the statue.

One of the more interesting ones would be that the whispers we've been hearing throughout the series are the Losties themselves existing in the same time.

16. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

One of the more interesting ones would be that the whispers we've been hearing throughout the series are the Losties themselves existing in the same time.

This just blew my mind.

17. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

This just blew my mind.

I heard it the whispers were similar to the smoke monster as a way of course correcting. For instance, when Shannon in season 2 (?) hears the whispers and sees Walt she runs and is shot by Ana Lucia. Shannon had changed her character in such a way as to alter the future (going on the theory that the island exists in the past while the rest of the world is in the future).

18. micbain

micbain Senior member

Okay...so if Farriday (sp?) implants that memory in Desmond (remember him knocking on the hatch)... wouldn't Desmond remember that while on the island...and not 3 yrs later?

19. Neo_Version 7

Well, Desmond is special correct? He became special as a result of turning the key at the end of Season 2 ("The day the sky turned purple"). However, when Faraday knocked on his door 3 years prior, he didn't have his "time-travel" abilities just yet (no constants, no flashes, etc).

Fast forward 3 years later (with his special abilities in tow) and the memory Faraday knocking on the hatch door is as clear as day.

20. micbain

micbain Senior member

Well, Desmond is special correct? He became special as a result of turning the key at the end of Season 2 ("The day the sky turned purple"). However, when Faraday knocked on his door 3 years prior, he didn't have his "time-travel" abilities just yet (no constants, no flashes, etc).

Fast forward 3 years later (with his special abilities in tow) and the memory Faraday knocking on the hatch door is as clear as day.

Now what about Faraday's speech of how you can't change the past...but we've seen John Locke interact with Ethan and killing the British soldier....what up with that?