• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOST: Season 5

bc78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
I believe the reason they can't kill each other is they are each other's constant. Without each other, they cannot survive all this time travelling.

I like the idea,but I'm not sure since Widmore tried to have Ben killed last season.

dinted voice

Reaction score
Widmore tried to have Ben killed? I thought he wanted to catch him, but not kill him....maybe he wanted to kill him though and I forgot.

bc78

Reaction score
Widmore tried to have Ben killed? I thought he wanted to catch him, but not kill him....maybe he wanted to kill him though and I forgot.
Now I'm not so sure. I'd have to watch those last few episodes of season 4 again. If Widmore just wanted to capture him your theory holds water. Or maybe Ben is Locke's constant and Widmore can't kill Ben because he needs Locke.

dinted voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bc78
Now I'm not so sure. I'd have to watch those last few episodes of season 4 again. If Widmore just wanted to capture him your theory holds water. Or maybe Ben is Locke's constant and Widmore can't kill Ben because he needs Locke.
I like your theory more.

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DeCaloFashion1
Agreed. I have (unfortunately?) invested too much time into this show to give up now.

Sunk cost my friend...just walk away!

I think from now on, all the answers will be dissapointing. The show is now a completely whacked out sci fi show rather than one based on characters, suspense and mystery (which is why the first season was so good).

I think i've posted this before, but it's really annoying how nobody ever asks a direct question about an absurd or important situation/fact....or when they do, it's always broken by a "we'll swap stories later, let's get moving" type comment and then a march through the jungle.
plain.gif

bc78

Reaction score
I like your theory more.

Thanks, I basically just stole your theory though!

I wonder sometimes if Ben and Widmore are just using Locke and that he isn't really special. Locke is my favorite character so I like to attach some significance to him but I can't help but have my doubts. Really, Widmore and Ben are so damn diabolical that not much would surprise me at this point.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sadly, not much, once again.

bc78

Reaction score
I liked it. I like Sawyer episodes since they're much funnier than anything with Jack and Kate. Also liked his whole thing with Juliet. Shes great.

I'm interested to see what happens with Dharma now and whether they change history.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^sawyer had some great one-liners last night.

MHH89

Reaction score
Here is one for you guys to chew on

Supposedly the cross that Amy took off of Paul was an Egyptian ankh, the Egyptian symbol of eternal life. My theory is that the big statue Sawyer and crew saw was a statue of Anubis, the Egyptian god of the afterlife. The god was a man with a dog/jackals head. If you look closer, the statue appears to be holding two ankh's.

Just my two cents

FourToedFull.jpg

bc78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MHH89
Here is one for you guys to chew on

Supposedly the cross that Amy took off of Paul was an Egyptian ankh, the Egyptian symbol of eternal life. My theory is that the big statue Sawyer and crew saw was a statue of Anubis, the Egyptian god of the afterlife. The god was a man with a dog/jackals head. If you look closer, the statue appears to be holding two ankh's.

Just my two cents

FourToedFull.jpg

Interesting especially when you consider Locke and Christian's rebirth.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sawyer's such an underrated character. I'm glad to finally see he's become a leader of sorts.

And the glimpse of the statue..great way to begin the episode.

It's official. I prefer Juliet over Kate.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i called the soap opera-y kate vs juliet drama... they already hated eachother. Next season Jack and Sawyer are gonna be mixed up in yet another love triangle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads