1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

LOST: Season 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Nouveau Pauvre, Jan 21, 2009.

1. bc78

bc78 Senior member

I believe the reason they can't kill each other is they are each other's constant. Without each other, they cannot survive all this time travelling.

I like the idea,but I'm not sure since Widmore tried to have Ben killed last season.

2. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Widmore tried to have Ben killed? I thought he wanted to catch him, but not kill him....maybe he wanted to kill him though and I forgot.

3. bc78

bc78 Senior member

Widmore tried to have Ben killed? I thought he wanted to catch him, but not kill him....maybe he wanted to kill him though and I forgot.
    Now I'm not so sure. I'd have to watch those last few episodes of season 4 again. If Widmore just wanted to capture him your theory holds water. Or maybe Ben is Locke's constant and Widmore can't kill Ben because he needs Locke.

4. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Now I'm not so sure. I'd have to watch those last few episodes of season 4 again. If Widmore just wanted to capture him your theory holds water. Or maybe Ben is Locke's constant and Widmore can't kill Ben because he needs Locke.
    I like your theory more.

5. micbain

micbain Senior member

Agreed. I have (unfortunately?) invested too much time into this show to give up now.

Sunk cost my friend...just walk away!

I think from now on, all the answers will be dissapointing. The show is now a completely whacked out sci fi show rather than one based on characters, suspense and mystery (which is why the first season was so good).

I think i've posted this before, but it's really annoying how nobody ever asks a direct question about an absurd or important situation/fact....or when they do, it's always broken by a "we'll swap stories later, let's get moving" type comment and then a march through the jungle. [​IMG]

6. bc78

bc78 Senior member

I like your theory more.

Thanks, I basically just stole your theory though!

I wonder sometimes if Ben and Widmore are just using Locke and that he isn't really special. Locke is my favorite character so I like to attach some significance to him but I can't help but have my doubts. Really, Widmore and Ben are so damn diabolical that not much would surprise me at this point.

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

sadly, not much, once again.

8. bc78

bc78 Senior member

I liked it. I like Sawyer episodes since they're much funnier than anything with Jack and Kate. Also liked his whole thing with Juliet. Shes great.

I'm interested to see what happens with Dharma now and whether they change history.

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^sawyer had some great one-liners last night.

10. MHH89

MHH89 Senior member

Here is one for you guys to chew on

Supposedly the cross that Amy took off of Paul was an Egyptian ankh, the Egyptian symbol of eternal life. My theory is that the big statue Sawyer and crew saw was a statue of Anubis, the Egyptian god of the afterlife. The god was a man with a dog/jackals head. If you look closer, the statue appears to be holding two ankh's.

Just my two cents

[​IMG]

11. bc78

bc78 Senior member

Here is one for you guys to chew on

Supposedly the cross that Amy took off of Paul was an Egyptian ankh, the Egyptian symbol of eternal life. My theory is that the big statue Sawyer and crew saw was a statue of Anubis, the Egyptian god of the afterlife. The god was a man with a dog/jackals head. If you look closer, the statue appears to be holding two ankh's.

Just my two cents

[​IMG]

Interesting especially when you consider Locke and Christian's rebirth.

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Sawyer's such an underrated character. I'm glad to finally see he's become a leader of sorts.

And the glimpse of the statue..great way to begin the episode.

It's official. I prefer Juliet over Kate.

13. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

i called the soap opera-y kate vs juliet drama... they already hated eachother. Next season Jack and Sawyer are gonna be mixed up in yet another love triangle.