Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LOST: Season 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Nouveau Pauvre, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

So they say an entire series can be summed up in the pilot.

I've heard this quoted from some people, but I believe the writers have gone on record saying it's not true.

2. wiru

wiru Senior member

^^ i think robbie meant that in a more general way.

though imo the tone of the show changed a lot between the pilot and first episode. much less 'horror'

3. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

^^ i think robbie meant that in a more general way.

though imo the tone of the show changed a lot between the pilot and first episode. much less 'horror'

Yeah, I read it over again and I think your right. Well the pilot did have the smoke monster in it, so it had some level of scifi/fantasy going for it. I think they generally had a plan of where they were starting and where the show was eventually going to go (the ending), but who knows how much of the middle has changed.

I'm not sure I agree with the statement about an entire series being summed up in the pilot. Probably true for more stand alone episode type shows, then something based more off of a continuous story arc.

4. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Does anyone know why all the info in the 'catch up' episodes is not part of the bonus features on the DVD's.

robbie

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

show is getting to the point where the only purpose is to illicit oohs and aahs.

6. DeCaloFashion1

DeCaloFashion1 Senior member

Has everyone on the island aside from Richard Alpert weaved a web of lies? He seems to be the only one with the straight dope who isn't hiding anything (at least blatently).

7. micbain

micbain Senior member

show is getting to the point where the only purpose is to illicit oohs and aahs.

I agree. In the past I've complained about not getting answers to questions raised, but now it seems like they are answering them too quickly in a haphazard manner.

The last episode "the life and death of bentham" was a let down.

I also wonder why ben flipped his wig so quickly....one moment telling lock that his work isn't done, and then killing him once he mentioned hawkings.

Also, given Widmore's resources, why hasn't he just killed ben? I'm sure he knows (or should know) ben is off the island.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

one of my employees just said this very same thing, pretty much verbatim.

I agree. In the past I've complained about not getting answers to questions raised, but now it seems like they are answering them too quickly in a haphazard manner.

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

one of my employees just said this very same thing, pretty much verbatim.

Probably true, but we're all going to keep watching anyway.

10. DeCaloFashion1

Probably true, but we're all going to keep watching anyway.

Agreed. I have (unfortunately?) invested too much time into this show to give up now.

11. bc78

bc78 Senior member

Perhaps it is wishful thinking, but I think they're just tying up some loose ends before they move on to bigger and better things. That said, I've enjoyed this season so far.

12. DeCaloFashion1

I like how they are mirroring the start of the entire series with those new characters and the new crash/camp on the beach. I see a lot of potential with that plotline.

13. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

This show really deserves to just die.

If after 5 years you are still lost then there is no merit to the show.

Kind of like that other show Prison Break. If you still can't break out of a prison after three seasons you just just gas yourself.

14. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Also, given Widmore's resources, why hasn't he just killed ben? I'm sure he knows (or should know) ben is off the island.

My guess here is 2-fold. They have the "rules" between them which Widmore broke when Alex (Ben's "daughter") was killed. I assume the rule is they cannot kill each other.

I believe the reason they can't kill each other is they are each other's constant. Without each other, they cannot survive all this time travelling.

15. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

My guess here is 2-fold. They have the "rules" between them which Widmore broke when Alex (Ben's "daughter") was killed. I assume the rule is they cannot kill each other.

I believe the reason they can't kill each other is they are each other's constant. Without each other, they cannot survive all this time travelling

Oooh... That's a good suggestion.

I just hope that Penny is OK [​IMG]