• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Monarch - Official Affiliate Thread

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ian, curious what the main points of customer feedback have been re: fit of the jeans?

They were mostly based on the fit. Working with garment-washed denim is difficult because you have to account for the shrinkage (which is different in the warp and weft direction) before you cut and sew them. So while we were able to get a fit that we liked before washing, it was a bit off once it went through the washing process. We actually over-estimated the shrink in the weft (horizontal) direction, which led to the jeans being a bit roomier in the top block and knee than we anticipated. We were able to catch this issue after making a small batch (and with some feedback from customers) and now we're working to correct for it.

The chinos are fabric washed, which means the shrink is removed before the garment is cut and sewn. So we haven't had to deal with the same issues there, fortunately.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
First purchase in October will be the camel chinos. Thank you for making inseams longer than 34" for us tall ones

tnjed

Reaction score
Are these still in stock? Website shows as pre-order. Thanks!

slows2k

Reaction score
The thread notification reminded me, its been quiet around here lately. Heres a shot of the olive chinos in action on our trip a few weeks ago. I have a larger lower block and short legs but the cut of these really do a good job with my proportions, so I've been pleased with them so far. They are also surprisingly resistant to wrinkling, even when in a suitcase for extended periods. If there are other colors offered in the future, I'm in.

IMG_6009-1.jpeg

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are these still in stock? Website shows as pre-order. Thanks!

Great timing! While the chinos have been in stock for a while, we've been pulled away with some other projects and the site update has been sitting on our to-do list. It's actually on our list of things to do today, so the update should be complete soon! Either way, if you order the chinos (or umbrellas) now they will ship quickly.

More updates soon!

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The thread notification reminded me, its been quiet around here lately. Heres a shot of the olive chinos in action on our trip a few weeks ago. I have a larger lower block and short legs but the cut of these really do a good job with my proportions, so I've been pleased with them so far. They are also surprisingly resistant to wrinkling, even when in a suitcase for extended periods. If there are other colors offered in the future, I'm in.

View attachment 1270595
This looks awesome! Glad they're working out well. They fit you wonderfully.

Hugh_V

Reaction score
Quick update on the suede bomber project:

I just got some suede swatches from our manufacturer and wanted to share them here and get some thoughts. Taking accurate pics of suede is pretty tough so I'll get better pictures later, but this should give you an idea. This is goat suede, which I find is a nice balance between durability and fineness.

The dark brown that we'll probably start with:
thO5nO9.jpg

And here are some other earthy colors that I liked (the dark brown is the same as above):

uHaEYTN.jpg

I'll try to get better pics up soon, but let me know if there's any particular color that you like!

Ian,

Are there still plans for a Lost Monarch A1?

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ian,

Are there still plans for a Lost Monarch A1?

I'd still like to do it, but basically the cost to produce was higher than we expected and as such we couldn't really offer it at our target price. Still exploring our options though.

Hugh_V

Reaction score
I'd still like to do it, but basically the cost to produce was higher than we expected and as such we couldn't really offer it at our target price. Still exploring our options though.
I'm sorry to hear that. Speaking just for myself, I'd be interested if it could be done at or below 1,000

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Another update for you all - this one is good news!

We've been working on making donegal crewneck sweaters for a while, and I'm happy to say that we just got a (very small!) batch and they look awesome. They're not on the site yet but I'm hoping that they will be within a week.

The yarn used for these is pure merino from Australia, woven in Donegal, Ireland into the speckled style the region is known for. The yarns are then sent to a knitter in Scotland who knits them into fully fashioned, saddle-shoulder crewnecks.

I'll post here once they're up on the site. Slim fit, size S-XL, around $180. Apologies for the boring images, it's been raining like crazy here and I haven't had any daylight to shoot anything else.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They're live! All three colors of sweater are up on the site. Quantities are very limited so I don't expect them to last too long. They also will deliver by xmas if you order by Monday, but let's be honest - nobody here is shopping for anyone else.

Peat

Moss

Sandstone

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Peat or sandstone? Tough choices! Hope to pick up one though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads