• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Monarch - Official Affiliate Thread

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the review! I'm glad they're getting a lot of wear.

As for the chinos - I'm happy to say that our first of two batches are in our workshop now, so we're going to start prepping them for shipment soon. We're still waiting on the olive ones, but I expect them to be headed to us soon and will update once I know for sure. Thanks everyone for your impressive patience!

Attachments

• IMG_5068.jpg
    IMG_5068.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 615

pyunghwa

Reaction score
Quick update on the suede bomber project:

I just got some suede swatches from our manufacturer and wanted to share them here and get some thoughts. Taking accurate pics of suede is pretty tough so I'll get better pictures later, but this should give you an idea. This is goat suede, which I find is a nice balance between durability and fineness.

The dark brown that we'll probably start with:
thO5nO9.jpg

And here are some other earthy colors that I liked (the dark brown is the same as above):

uHaEYTN.jpg

I'll try to get better pics up soon, but let me know if there's any particular color that you like!

The snuff and brown are my favourites. I recently came across @forlife.paris that seems to offer a1 blousons for 290eur. Do you feel your jacket would be on the same price point?

My only qualm with the ones from them is that the front pockets look comically small when you check their fittings in their insta stories. I hope yours are closer to valstars, which seem more practical.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The snuff and brown are my favourites. I recently came across @forlife.paris that seems to offer a1 blousons for 290eur. Do you feel your jacket would be on the same price point?

My only qualm with the ones from them is that the front pockets look comically small when you check their fittings in their insta stories. I hope yours are closer to valstars, which seem more practical.

Thanks for the input!

I'm not familiar with the brand you mention but I took a quick look. Ours would definitely be more than that if we make them with Golden Bear, which is a premier brand using top of the line construction and materials. I can't really speak to those points for the other brand you mention. But I agree, too-small pockets can be annoying and that's somethings I've seen on a variety of brands.

kaizerpi

Reaction score
just got the notification that my chinos got delivered. Excited to check 'em out.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Now that I've got Lost Monarch chinos I can do a MosExerent impersonation...

67663632_10219676525286623_7925206304644136960_n.jpg

67639658_10219676527406676_794586735219572736_n.jpg

They look great!

Most of preorders have shipped out, we have just a few more to go. We'll be updating the website soon so that the chinos will be shown as in stock and available for purchase.

Reginald Bartholomew

Reaction score
How do folks who have a pair of the chinos feel about them? And if I ordered a pair in olive, what would the turn around be on them now?

slows2k

Reaction score
How do folks who have a pair of the chinos feel about them? And if I ordered a pair in olive, what would the turn around be on them now?

I think they have them in stock. I ordered a pair of the olive when I exchanged my first khaki pair for a different size and they shipped together, so Im guessing it'll be the same for others. II took me a couple weeks to get around to washing and altering the length on mine, but I've worn them a couple times and so far I really like them. The rise is higher than any of my other chinos and the leg is just the right amount of slim (for me of course, YMMV). Ian told me a while back they would be like the old USF chino fit at J.Crew, just with a higher waist, and I think he's right. Ill post some pics when I get a chance.

mikejb

Reaction score
Here's a mini-review I posted on another forum a few weeks back...

I received my Lost Monarch Camel Chinos a few weeks ago...here's some feedback I sent to Ian:

The fit is just about perfect, I don't think I'll need any alterations other than hemming. I've washed them once and the shrinkage was minimal (the fit was just a bit snugger after the wash). In terms of the cut, the rise is great (probably the most outstanding feature of this chino), the taper is good and pockets sit flat when I'm standing.

The material is a good weight and a good color. It seems to be somewhat wrinkle resistant and it laundered well (no discoloration or lint pick up).

These will become my new go-to 'dressy' chinos (not formal but great for wearing with a more casual sports coat or blazer). I have been buying the Lands End tailored fit dress twills but the Lost Monarch chinos blow those away in every category (fit, cut and material). I've also considered the Brooks Brothers Advantage chinos but you've got those beat in fit and cut (especially in the rise).

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It depends on the size, but most (if not all) sizes should be in stock by the end of the week. We have one or two outstanding orders but most things are shipping quickly. We still need to update the site to reflect this (and that should be happening this week), but if you place an order now the odds are good that it will ship within a couple days.

slows2k

Reaction score
Any plans for other colors moving forward? Navy and light/medium grey, perhaps?? :cool:

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any plans for other colors moving forward? Navy and light/medium grey, perhaps?? :cool:

We definitely want to introduce more colors (and have a few picked out), we just have to move slow since we're a small brand and can't invest in much inventory. Once everything is in stock and is moving we'll absolutely expand the color range.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any updates on the jeans?

After some continued sampling and feedback from our customers, we decided that some tweaks needed to be made to the fit of the jeans. For that reason, we're working on a new prototype with our manufacturer to further improve upon the design. This change will postpone our production and because we can’t say for sure when these will be ready to ship, we're refunding those backers so they don't have to stress while we're working on that. We'll be sure to let the backers (and you guys) know once the final product is headed in. I have a sample being completed right now and I'm hoping that this one has all the changes we need to go into production.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
After some continued sampling and feedback from our customers, we decided that some tweaks needed to be made to the fit of the jeans. For that reason, we're working on a new prototype with our manufacturer to further improve upon the design. This change will postpone our production and because we can’t say for sure when these will be ready to ship, we're refunding those backers so they don't have to stress while we're working on that. We'll be sure to let the backers (and you guys) know once the final product is headed in. I have a sample being completed right now and I'm hoping that this one has all the changes we need to go into production.

Ian, curious what the main points of customer feedback have been re: fit of the jeans?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads