• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Monarch - Official Affiliate Thread

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crickets on this thread...
I’m hoping that’s the quiet before the storm. Let it rain chinos and denim soon please.

slows2k

Reaction score
Sounds good Ian! Looking forward to hear how things are coming along and what you have in store moving forward.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks for your patience while we get caught up!

Chinos and denim - As I mentioned last week, we recently visited our pants factory to get synced up on everything. Before our visit we learned that the factory had miscalculated the yardage needed for the orders, so they were a bit short. We ordered in some more and it just arrived, but this put us a couple weeks behind schedule and so we're now playing catchup. We're currently estimating that we'll ship things out starting in mid- to late-June. This is definitely later than we anticipated but I wanted to keep you all in the loop as we sort through these bumps in production. We've reached out to all our current preorder backers and offered them a special gift as a thank-you for their patience :)

Umbrellas - we have some stock now and will get them logged into inventory this week, so if you order anything they should ship quickly (and preorders will be shipping out as well).

Polos - we're submitting our order now, which will include two styles (spread collar in short and long sleeve) and two colors. We got a lot of great feedback with our color survey, and the top two colors were navy and heather gray. Olive was a very close third so we'll definitely plan on including that (and other colors) in future runs.

spacer.gif

DSCF6455.jpg

DSCF6442.jpg

DSCF6423.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks for your patience while we get caught up!

Chinos and denim - As I mentioned last week, we recently visited our pants factory to get synced up on everything. Before our visit we learned that the factory had miscalculated the yardage needed for the orders, so they were a bit short. We ordered in some more and it just arrived, but this put us a couple weeks behind schedule and so we're now playing catchup. We're currently estimating that we'll ship things out starting in mid- to late-June. This is definitely later than we anticipated but I wanted to keep you all in the loop as we sort through these bumps in production. We've reached out to all our current preorder backers and offered them a special gift as a thank-you for their patience :)

Umbrellas - we have some stock now and will get them logged into inventory this week, so if you order anything they should ship quickly (and preorders will be shipping out as well).

Polos - we're submitting our order now, which will include two styles (spread collar in short and long sleeve) and two colors. We got a lot of great feedback with our color survey, and the top two colors were navy and heather gray. Olive was a very close third so we'll definitely plan on including that (and other colors) in future runs.

spacer.gif

View attachment 1179474

View attachment 1179475

View attachment 1179476
So did you all decide against the one-piece collars?

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying out the new denim. Went with my usual denim size and I think the fit is great. Surprised at how long they are, but that's a good thing I think. Quality appears to be absolutely first rate. Had a sport coat on with this fit earlier but had just taken it off before I got pics. Now come on chinos!

Would love these in a white denim too.

Attachments

• IMG_20190606_195447.jpg
    IMG_20190606_195447.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20190606_195710.jpg
    IMG_20190606_195710.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 319

slows2k

Reaction score
Trying out the new denim. Went with my usual denim size and I think the fit is great. Surprised at how long they are, but that's a good thing I think. Quality appears to be absolutely first rate. Had a sport coat on with this fit earlier but had just taken it off before I got pics. Now come on chinos!

Looks great! Glad to see these in the wild and am now more excited for the chinos to hit. Id be interested in something white/cream too, but would prefer chinos to denim.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Looks good! Thanks for sharing. The inseam is long so that you can hem to your preferred length if needed. I'd love white denim as well, perhaps for next spring!

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super quick and dirty fit-pic of the Lost Monarch denim. These are literally just out of the package with fast double-cuff job. I’ll follow-up with shirt and jacket on and better pics...I was leaving town just as these arrived.
Though I had them on less than 10 minutes I’m pretty happy with the fit. The denim is perfect weight however I’d prefer them to be a bit more rigid; they’re super-soft which is awesome for comfort but I do prefer a traditional “one-wash” away from raw. That is a relatively minor quibble. The details are minimal and I do prefer that. I’ll inspect further when I’m back in town tomorrow. These are samples so I’m not sure if they’re exactly as retail will be.
I sized down one from my usual size. Any questions please ask.
I’m excited for the chinos and polos and hope we see them soon!

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Super quick and dirty fit-pic of the Lost Monarch denim. These are literally just out of the package with fast double-cuff job. I’ll follow-up with shirt and jacket on and better pics...I was leaving town just as these arrived.
Though I had them on less than 10 minutes I’m pretty happy with the fit. The denim is perfect weight however I’d prefer them to be a bit more rigid; they’re super-soft which is awesome for comfort but I do prefer a traditional “one-wash” away from raw. That is a relatively minor quibble. The details are minimal and I do prefer that. I’ll inspect further when I’m back in town tomorrow. These are samples so I’m not sure if they’re exactly as retail will be.
I sized down one from my usual size. Any questions please ask.
I’m excited for the chinos and polos and hope we see them soon!
View attachment 1193156
They look great! Thanks for posting.

We'll update on the chinos soon - we should have the first batch en route any day now.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m curious, is there an ETA on the polos?

We had to put the polos on the back burner for a bit so that we could focus on getting the chinos and denim sorted ASAP. We still plan to make them, but I'm aiming for fall rather than summer.

On a similar note, I should be able to give you all an update on the chinos in the near future.

slows2k

Reaction score
Not a great fit pic but I don't really do many of these. Just wanted to offer my thoughts on the denim now that I have laundered, hemmed, and worn them a half dozen times.

I'm really happy with the cut. 5'7" with prominent posterior and legs, and I took a 31 (initially a 32 but @brillopad exchanged them for me). I wear them casually and wore them with a sport coat and Alden 975s to a wedding recently; something I could not have done with my Levi's. I feel they transition well between dressed up and down. They are narrow enough to be flattering but not so narrow as to be casual-only. (Note: the way they look here is after two days of wearing, so they're not freshly pressed and perfectly formed. I prefer seeing what things look like at the end of the day, to see how they wear as the day progresses.) They're a little loose in the waist to accommodate my other bits, so I may have them taken in an inch, but that's par for the course with me and pants. I may leave them as-is, to allow for easy shirt tucking when appropriate. Time will tell.

Love the color and material. It's heavy enough to feel substantial but soft enough to be comfortable immediately, which is perfect because I'm no jawnz masochist. Compared to my Levi's 541s in roughly the same color they feel immediately like a much nicer pair of jeans that will last much longer. They have a higher rise and a little more room from the seat to the calves, making them more versatile. Oh, love the button fly, too; thats a detail I've never had before. Only complaint I have is the pockets seem very shallow, though as these are preproduction that may not be the case on them moving forward.

All in all I'm really pleased with these, and look froward to the chinos!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads