• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Monarch - Official Affiliate Thread

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

My name is Ian and I’ve been poking around on Styleforum for quite a few years now. I’ve had the good fortune of meeting many of you through through meetups, countless forum threads, and too many DMs to remember. I’ve always wanted to give back to the Styleforum community that has helped me out so much through the years and I’m excited to announce that, along with a few friends, I’ve launched a brand called Lost Monarch and we’ll be an affiliate on the forum.

My goal with Lost Monarch has been to solve a problem many of us can relate to - wanting to look sharp and put together without appearing overly dressed up in today’s casual world. We’ve been working to make refined casual clothing that can be easily dressed up or down, and combines the details of tailored clothing with the hardiness of casualwear.

Right now we have open preorders for a few products while production is being completed. Our Everyday Chino is probably my favorite product - it has a medium-high rise, slim leg, and includes many of the details found on dress trousers. The Dress Denim is another great product we’ve put a ton of work into - it also features a higher-rise fit and some more refined details, while still having its roots in the world of denim. Both of these products are made in Los Angeles from excellent Japanese fabrics.

We have many more products in the works, some of which can be seen on our interest check page. I’m happy to hear any feedback and answer questions on these or on any other aspect of the brand. Looking forward to discussing at length with you all!

Ian (aka brillopad)

DSCF6541-2.jpg

walkinginplace

Reaction score
Big fan of your blog and very much looking forward to seeing how Lost Monarch develops. I, like many others, would look very out of place in a suit or sportcoat in my line of work (on a daily basis anyways), but do need to dress "business casual." You seem to be making a very promising effort to address that gap in a relatively affordable way.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Big fan of your blog and very much looking forward to seeing how Lost Monarch develops. I, like many others, would look very out of place in a suit or sportcoat in my line of work (on a daily basis anyways), but do need to dress "business casual." You seem to be making a very promising effort to address that gap in a relatively affordable way.

Thanks so much! I agree that it's a frustratingly blurry line sometimes, and I know I have always found it challenging to be "correctly" dressed up in a semi-casual office (although I do enjoy the challenge). This seemed like a good opportunity, as it's a situation a lot of guys - forumites and regular folks - can relate to.

So what's the Styleforum discount code?
:devil:
I'll buy the first drink for SFers that make a purchase and meet up with me in San Francisco :cheers:

Out of the gate, our plan is to stick to the "our sale price is all year" methodology. Not only is this way easier for us to manage, but it just seems fairer to the customer as well. With that said, we are always thinking about ways we can offer something special to forum folks and the like, so I will keep you posted on that front.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome as an affiliate and best of luck with your business. I hope things go really well for you.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Updates on the polos? The weather is in range....

I'm as antsy as you are! We had a delay with the polos because our guy on the ground in India had some family matters to attend to. We have a sample in the mail currently and I'm hopeful that it's spot on so that we can proceed right into production.

Welcome as an affiliate and best of luck with your business. I hope things go really well for you.

Thanks for the kind words!

Reactions: Gus

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Lost Monarch brand and @brillopad as a StyleFo affiliate. looking forward to seeing your new chinos and sweater.

Will you be announcing new releases here and on your Instagram?

The J

Reaction score
Great stuff, Ian. Really liking the products so far. For thunder thighs like mine, they would unfortunately fit into the thigh measurement. Hopefully Lost Monarch makes looser fitting ones some day.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome Lost Monarch brand and @brillopad as a StyleFo affiliate. looking forward to seeing your new chinos and sweater.

Will you be announcing new releases here and on your Instagram?

Thanks, Gus! We'll be sure to mention new products and new things we're working on here and on Instagram. We're always looking for feedback on our upcoming projects!

Great stuff, Ian. Really liking the products so far. For thunder thighs like mine, they would unfortunately fit into the thigh measurement. Hopefully Lost Monarch makes looser fitting ones some day.

Thanks for the kind words! It will take a bit of time before we can start branching into more fits, but I would like to add one that is a bit more of a fuller straight fit, maybe with single pleats or something. We'll see how these are received and then go from there. We also designed our chinos with a split back waistband, so it shouldn't be too hard to bring the waist in if you need to size up.

Welcome Ian! Great to have you with us.

Thanks! Happy to be on board.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads