Lost in translation

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by matadorpoeta, Oct 29, 2003.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

saw the film last night and thought it was excellent (best film this year). i kept thinking that i really liked the cut of bill murray's suits: high stance two-button, with narrow shoulders. the credits at the end revealed these were helmut langs. they're sort of high fashion, but not overly so. Â [​IMG]

2. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

I concur, a must see movie.

3. matadorpoeta

to clarify, the credits read "bill murray's wardrobe by helmut lang" so i assume the shoes are also langs.

btw, scarlett johansen is hhhhhhhhot.

4. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

I concur with that too. She is a beauty...

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Forget the suit. Granted, it was pretty nice - and I thought that pairing it with the inside out orange camo shirt was a style as well as well as metaphorical masterstroke. I predict that this trend is already being picked up in NYC and LA, with camo being so hot right now. And yes, Bill Murray is terrific, and Scarlett Johansen is a promising actress. But the soundtrack (I'm listening to the Jesus and Mary Chain track right now) is the real backbone of the movie. And did you guys notice how complex and rich the movie sounded? Oh.

6. matadorpoeta

la guy, yes, it is a cool soundtrack. i was thinking that during the film, but i forgot all about it once it was over. [​IMG] there is a community college down the street from me that has a ton of japanese f-1 visa students. it was funny to see some of their trends in the film: the denim-cowboy look, for example. the guy who played the commercial director looked like my neighbor.