Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Losing Stuff

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joffrey, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Anyone else have a habit of losing things? I do as many a friend and family member has mentioned. Let's recap (from things pissing you off thread)

The umbrella is a smaller Gustbuster. Not teeny but small. Anyway, I left it in one of those "community" umbrella baskets at a restaurant while it was sleeting/snowing one night. Hour of drinking or so later and it was gone. Someone must've taken it.

Yeah, don't know why I lose things so easily. A lot of it is drinking related (get wasted somewhere and leave some under a table or coat check. But for fun let's do a quick rundown:

Filson zippered tote bags x2 - both at a bar (or was it on the train?) after getting shitfaced one night (over two years).
    LL Bean Tote x1 - same as above.
    3-5 Gustbuster umbrella - 3 in the lost bags above. 1 at the restaurant as mentioned above. A big gustbuster at a hotel after LSAT class.
    Gloves
    Hats
    Winter Coat during winter x1 - new years 2010, went to some party with Magician. Blacked out and woke up in my apartment with no coat. It was 30 degrees or something outside
    Cell Phone x2 - First time 5-6 years ago sophomore year in college lost it at a friends house after a day bbqing and horse shoes. Second time 3 years ago. Got trashed with a friend. Had my phone that night. It was no where to be found the next day (may've tossed it over the balcony)
    Expensive as shit RL PL sunglasses - in LL Bean tote as above.

Lessons learned - Leave bag, gloves, sunglasses and anything not critical behind when going out for the night. It's worked well so far but no idea how I lost my glove dead sober at 12pm on the train.

Et toi?

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Nope...Don't have that problem.
    Learn from ur mistakes. If I am going out on a Fri/Sat and know that I will be getting "festive", I don't even take my wallet. I leave my wallet home. Take my money clip/bank card/cash keys and Berry. That's it! I don't carry "man purses" when I am really hanging. And I am good at not blacking out!

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I lose a lot of stuff when I travel. Nothing earth shattering, stuff like earplugs, gloves, and the like. I was in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and left my gloves in a cab.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SirWill

SirWill Member

I lose shit all the time, and mine is not from drinking. I am just extremely forgetful. The fun part is when I buy something, lose it, buy a replacement, then find the first one. I generally end up buying things like Carmex and eye drops every time I am at the store because I lose them.

5. 997CTSurg

997CTSurg Alpha-M

Losing shit sucks......losing shit while drinking..even worse.
    Just wait. It can get more expensive when drinking. Houses. Marriages.
    Not talking from personal experience just from observations.
    Pussy and Booze ruin.

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Might be a factor of us hanging out. Remember when we went to DC9 and I lost my handmade fedora, scarf and ipod in one night? [​IMG]

7. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Losing shit sucks......losing shit while drinking..even worse.
    Just wait. It can get more expensive when drinking. Houses. Marriages.
    Not talking from personal experience just from observations.
    Pussy and Booze ruin.

Clearly, you are not at peace.

8. otc

otc Senior member

I even have a separate set of drunk keys that has nothing but my house keys on it...

If I am going out after work with coworkers or something it can be a conundrum...I won't bring my laptop but I still want to take my bag with a book for the commute and some random shit in it so that I have it the next day...but if it is a friday I will leave that in the office too.

9. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I think I lost my wallet today. And somehow I lost a cufflink that I really, really, really, really liked. In my house.

Damnit.

~ H

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Might be a factor of us hanging out. Remember when we went to DC9 and I lost my handmade fedora, scarf and ipod in one night? [​IMG]

I still think you know who had something to do with it. I still seem to remember leaving the ipod on my TV stand.

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I still think you know who had something to do with it. I still seem to remember leaving the ipod on my TV stand.

Didn't you lose your credit card the night of the last DC SF meet up?

12. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I tend to get hammered and lose my credit or debit cards. Pretty stupid, but thankfully no one has taken the liberty to use them.

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I'm very forgetful.

A few weeks ago watching my parents' place while they were on their anniversary trip was using their car and shit.

So I get home--last day I'm there. Go in the house through the kitchen, go to the living room that's it.

Realize I want to go to the store.

I've lost the car key.

I shit you not, I walked 20 feet.

Went through trash, recycling, cushions, everything. No luck.

Cost to replace: $400.

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I never really had a problem with losing things except during this past summer I left four combination locks at the gym over about a 2 week period. I solved that issue by buying the most outrageously colored one I could find and adding to it with my wife's nail polish. Now if I leave it there and it gets thrown in the "Box-o-Locks" I can easily pick mine out.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I've lost my patience with job hunting. Sanity is the next thing to go... [​IMG]