Losing hair

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Bradford, Oct 5, 2010.

1. bradsmitty

bradsmitty Well-Known Member

Exactly. 10 pills per strip and the price decreases when you buy more.

Cool, thanks. I think I'm going to start taking this. Just one more question - I've never ordered anything from these pharmacy sites and I live in the US. Should I be concerned about any illegalities with this? How risky is ordering from this site?

2. APK

APK Senior member

Of interest to the guys looking into finasteride:

WalMart just added the drug to its generics offerings. You can get a 30-day prescription of 5mg pills for $9. Since the dosage per day should be 1mg, you can split each pill into four, essentially getting four months' mileage of the meds for $9.

You need a prescription, but it's worth it over the duration. You won't pay anywhere near the cost of Propecia and you'll have peace of mind that what you're getting is absolutely legit, which you don't have with the international pharmacies.

3. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

Cool, thanks. I think I'm going to start taking this. Just one more question - I've never ordered anything from these pharmacy sites and I live in the US. Should I be concerned about any illegalities with this? How risky is ordering from this site?

This:

Basically, you will not have any problems. I have been ordering for a while from unitedpharmacies. Before I did, I had the same concerns. I made my research regarding the legality and also if they sold legitimate products and not counterfeit. All the info I could gather was that they carry legitimate products.

Of interest to the guys looking into finasteride:

WalMart just added the drug to its generics offerings. You can get a 30-day prescription of 5mg pills for $9. Since the dosage per day should be 1mg, you can split each pill into four, essentially getting four months' mileage of the meds for $9.

You need a prescription, but it's worth it over the duration. You won't pay anywhere near the cost of Propecia and you'll have peace of mind that what you're getting is absolutely legit, which you don't have with the international pharmacies.

You may also consider this, if you have access to a dermatologist or an urologist who can give you the prescription. The only hassle is going back after the prescription has expired.

4. APK

APK Senior member

FWIW, I can refill my 30-day prescription five times. Since I'm splitting the pills into fourths, I'll be good for a couple of years.

5. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

FWIW, I can refill my 30-day prescription five times. Since I'm splitting the pills into fourths, I'll be good for a couple of years.
    You ever get any side effects from it? I'm probably going to the dermatologist soon to see if I'm actually balding or what, and was just wondering because if I am then I'll probably go on Finasteride. Already got Nizoral because I have dandruff anyways and didn't want to use H&S.

6. APK

APK Senior member

Not really. My shots, if you will, were pretty week for several weeks, which concerned me. But that's no longer an issue.

The sides thing, while valid, is overblown.

7. bradsmitty

OK Den is obviously a spammer, probably shouldn't click on his link.

Thanks for the help everyone

8. cross22

cross22 Senior member

Stress is the most important factor in causing hair loss. When stress is physical or psychological support, the hair stops because of this reason.

No, male pattern baldness, the most common cause of hair loss in men, is genetic and has no connection to stress.

9. ruben

ruben Senior member

Thanks for the reply. Here is one of the links where I have read about the mature hairline:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/10/0...d-with-photos/

Interesting.

My hairline used to be an upside-down "U" shape, but as I've aged (mid 20s now) it's a little more upside-down "W" shaped.

I don;t think I'm going bald all over, but it's like my hairline has changed, and I've noticed the same on most all of my friends.

Is that what this is?

10. elmore

elmore Well-Known Member

anyone considering using Propecia should make sure they are aware of the potential for side effects first. i considered trying it, then came across this website

http://www.propeciahelp.com/

having read the articles and looked at the users forum, i gave the whole thing a pass and now see any male hair loss as the flipside of being able to maintain a healthy lifestyle. even if the amount of seriously affected cases are slim, frankly, their expereinces with this drug are horrific.

way i see it is, you're a man. men sometimes go bald. get over it and if it bugs you just focus on other areas of your life for improvement.

11. bradsmitty

Interesting.

My hairline used to be an upside-down "U" shape, but as I've aged (mid 20s now) it's a little more upside-down "W" shaped.

I don;t think I'm going bald all over, but it's like my hairline has changed, and I've noticed the same on most all of my friends.

Is that what this is?

Yeah, I guess your situation could either be a mature hairline, as mentioned in the article, or it could be the start of male pattern baldness. I'm not exactly sure how you tell the difference between the two, but after the hairline has receded past a certain point, it becomes obvious that it's balding.

Here is a forum discussion on the topic:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

And here is another good article with pictures:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2007/01/1...e-with-photos/

12. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

anyone considering using Propecia should make sure they are aware of the potential for side effects first. i considered trying it, then came across this website

http://www.propeciahelp.com/

having read the articles and looked at the users forum, i gave the whole thing a pass and now see any male hair loss as the flipside of being able to maintain a healthy lifestyle. even if the amount of seriously affected cases are slim, frankly, their expereinces with this drug are horrific.

way i see it is, you're a man. men sometimes go bald. get over it and if it bugs you just focus on other areas of your life for improvement.

Well, it is proven that any side effects subside after you discontinue use. Thankfully, I'm one of the lucky ones who dont experience any SE's at all. Twelve years and counting!!

13. elmore

elmore Well-Known Member

Well, it is proven that any side effects subside after you discontinue use. Thankfully, I'm one of the lucky ones who dont experience any SE's at all. Twelve years and counting!!

unfortunately that's not always the case. check out the propeciahelp forum and you will see people who have had their lives ruined after very minor use. clearly this is not always the case, but there are many documented cases which have resulted in permanent erectile disfunction amongst other SE's. if you look on propeciahelp there's a ton of negative experiences. MERKE (the drug company that license it) have not got much of a consience it seems.

the severe negative SE's that last after discontinueing use may be rare, but they certainly do occur. a lot of people with mild SE's say they have noticed a decrease in their sex drive and get more problems maintaining erection. that effect is common, and for my money that would put me off even if it was a mild case.

if you're fine on it, then great, you're one of the lucky ones, but having read that site i'm glad i never touched the stuff.

14. Sunnydale

Sunnydale Senior member

15. ruben

ruben Senior member

Yeah, I guess your situation could either be a mature hairline, as mentioned in the article, or it could be the start of male pattern baldness. I'm not exactly sure how you tell the difference between the two, but after the hairline has receded past a certain point, it becomes obvious that it's balding.

Here is a forum discussion on the topic:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

And here is another good article with pictures:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2007/01/1...e-with-photos/

Thanks, I just wanted to know: is the "mature hairline" thing an actual, observed and accepted thing?

I've kinda noticed it on pretty much all my old male friends, are we just (all) slowly going bald?

unfortunately that's not always the case. check out the propeciahelp forum and you will see people who have had their lives ruined after very minor use. clearly this is not always the case, but there are many documented cases which have resulted in permanent erectile disfunction amongst other SE's. if you look on propeciahelp there's a ton of negative experiences. MERKE (the drug company that license it) have not got much of a consience it seems.

the severe negative SE's that last after discontinueing use may be rare, but they certainly do occur. a lot of people with mild SE's say they have noticed a decrease in their sex drive and get more problems maintaining erection. that effect is common, and for my money that would put me off even if it was a mild case.

if you're fine on it, then great, you're one of the lucky ones, but having read that site i'm glad i never touched the stuff.

Wow that's some depressing stuff right there/