1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Los Angeles Meet-up. Friday Nov. 25.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Nov 11, 2011.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

2. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

I had not one but two shows last night, or I'd have joined you. Do it again and I'll be there.

1 person likes this.
  3. acecow

acecow Senior member

We took no photos, but we made a video:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Fun time, thanks guys! Maybe a spoopoker/drinks night at my place one of these days if more people decide to show up?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  4. bigchris1313

bigchris1313 Senior member

I will personally take the blame for not forcing some photographs. I was talking mad smack about a shoe circle, but I was ultimately too afraid to directly proposition Acecow and Romeo. Next time I'll be more aggressive.

Seriously though, fun times. A very quick 3 hours and 45 minutes with 2 complete strangers. If we could double our number from 3 to 6, I think we could really have a fun night out--I will personally volunteer to be the designated driver, Romeo can encourage us to avoid the legal profession, and Acecow can play our sommelier and pressure everyone to drink to excess. I expect that such a night would culminate in a pocket square sock face-off and/or other patrons filing sexual harassment claims.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

A StyFo poker tourney? Shit, I would consider flying to LA for that. Unless someone wants to meet me at the WSOP. :lol:

6. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

the main event? i wish i had $10k to enter it
    too bad i didn't know about styleforum while i was still in virginia... we could have had a SF meetup in AC or foxwoods for a tournament for sure

7. Mute

Mute Senior member

Too bad I couldn't join you guys. Hopefully the next time.

8. SpooPoker

I would have been there. :) Ill be in a few tourneys in January in the Caribbean, hopefully.

9. acecow

acecow Senior member

Well, if you ever decide to come to LA, my home is your home.

10. SpooPoker

Have you ever played the Bicycle Club?

11. acecow

acecow Senior member

Nah, I'm not into gambling. But I do enjoy a friendly game of poker with a little money at stake.