• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Los Angeles dirt food

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Surehiro is great. It's two doors down from my favorite Little Tokyo bar. Used to go there frequently when I was a smoker. The proprietor is obsessed with American Westerns and lets people smoke in there until he gets a fine, at which point he makes everyone stop until the penalty period of the fine runs out. I'm sure I've mentioned it here before.

Did your fiancee quit smoking, or are you just one of those annoying ex-smokers who has decided that only his smoking feelings matter?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I love me some Thai Town. Sanamluang, Sapp's Coffee Shop and Jitlada. Great Thai food in Minimalls.
all this for $8.16 (Sapps)

I see you're a great tipper.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

Did your fiancee quit smoking, or are you just one of those annoying ex-smokers who has decided that only his smoking feelings matter?

She quit before the last time we saw you. I actually still like being around smokers. I find the smell pleasant, but I'm a pretty nostalgic guy. Considering taking it up again.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I maintained my fatass physique in college by eating at the Sanamluang in Pomona and:

I guess it's originally a San Diego mini-chain, but they have multiple locations in L.A. County. Have no idea if it's actually tasty or merely good enough for a fatass college kid.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I used to do an early Saturday morning radio show with a friend in irvine. I think we went to an Albertos every other week at 4 am.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
slightly ot, but a 'dirt food' appreciation thread that includes the world outside los angeles would be great, imo.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I used to do an early Saturday morning radio show with a friend in irvine. I think we went to an Albertos every other week at 4 am.

Alberto...(carne asada fries!) and Alertos (fish burrito)! and the giagantic horchata!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're into Indian food,

Bawarchi Indian Kitchen in Culver City

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alberto...(carne asada fries!) and Alertos (fish burrito)! and the giagantic horchata!

Dude, they got rid of their fish burrito & fish tacos years ago. I was devastated and would stubbornly try to order it every time anyways.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude, they got rid of their fish burrito & fish tacos years ago. I was devastated and would stubbornly try to order it every time anyways.

the alerto's in fountain valley? i had it like 2 years ago, hope they didn't, its a place i stop at when i go to southcoast.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Have never been to the one out there. They definitely stopped serving fish tacos & burritos at the Pomona and W. Covina locations many years ago (close to a decade).

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have no experience with Polish food, but I live so close to that Polka place that I'm going to have to try it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads