1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Los Angeles Bespoke Tailor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fedoragent, Nov 28, 2007.

1. lbcgav

lbcgav Senior member

I'm having one made right now by Johnathan. I'll let you know how it comes out. His suits start out at about $1600 and go up to around $2000 and slightly higher I believe.

Just got back from Johnathan's for my final fitting and I have to say the suit, which is a grey SB, 2-button, peak lapel, was beautiful. He's going to take in a little on the sides, but other than that, the suit's fit was spot on. The construction and detail is also very nice. I especially like the shoulder detail as he uses no padding, which gives it a very soft, natural look. I'll try to post pics if anyone's interested. I would highly recommend him based on his quality and price.

2. Mookie

Mookie Active Member

Does anyone have any experience with Robert Adams at Crown Custom Tailors? He pitches himself as being more on the conservative/taditional side of design by inclination, which is where I'd like to start with bespoke before going for the velvet Nehru jacket.

3. GeorgePaul

GeorgePaul Senior member

I'll try to post pics if anyone's interested.
    I'm interested.

4. the.chikor

the.chikor Senior member

What are their prices like?

FG.

About $5K

5. the.chikor

the.chikor Senior member

Folks,

I was hoping that someone might be able to provide me with some advice about tailors in the Los Angeles Metro area. Does anyone have a working knowlege of the tailors in the area?
    Thanks ahead of time,
    FG.

I have personally used quite a few in LA. Charles Tailoring on Roberston makes a good suit. Giacomo Trabalza, Jack's Tailoring will all do you right[​IMG] -but all charge a fair amount for their services. [​IMG] I like a tailor over in Santa Monica for Bespoke suits-Enzo Caruso. He is Italian-does great work, much more reasonable in prices, but SLOW AS MOLASSES! [​IMG] No doubt about it.-4 months plus to make a suit. This is mainly b/c he does everything himself. If you need someone for alterations-I would go to Ventura Blvd and Woodman-Studio City area off the 101freeway-Sidio Mancini (Also from Italy)-does great work and very fast. He tells me that he is too old to make bespoke suits anymore, so he won't do it; shame. There may be others out there, but these are the best that I have tried.[​IMG] I hope this helps.

6. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have personally used quite a few in LA. Charles Tailoring on Roberston makes a good suit. Giacomo Trabalza, Jack's Tailoring will all do you right[​IMG] -but all charge a fair amount for their services. [​IMG] I like a tailor over in Santa Monica for Bespoke suits-Enzo Caruso. He is Italian-does great work, much more reasonable in prices, but SLOW AS MOLASSES! [​IMG] No doubt about it.-4 months plus to make a suit. This is mainly b/c he does everything himself. If you need someone for alterations-I would go to Ventura Blvd and Woodman-Studio City area off the 101freeway-Sidio Mancini (Also from Italy)-does great work and very fast. He tells me that he is too old to make bespoke suits anymore, so he won't do it; shame. There may be others out there, but these are the best that I have tried.[​IMG] I hope this helps.

I wouldn't mind trying Mancini. He's on Ventura at Woodman? What's the name of his shop?

7. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I used Giacomo back in the day, and I like him, though it's a bit too built up for my current tastes. I still wear the clothes, though.

8. the.chikor

the.chikor Senior member

I wouldn't mind trying Mancini. He's on Ventura at Woodman? What's the name of his shop?

Mancini
    13832 1/2 Venutra Blvd
    Sherman Oaks
    818 995-0205[​IMG]

9. the.chikor

the.chikor Senior member

10. DapperVin

DapperVin New Member

Does anyone have any experience with Robert Adams at Crown Custom Tailors? He pitches himself as being more on the conservative/taditional side of design by inclination, which is where I'd like to start with bespoke before going for the velvet Nehru jacket.

This man is a crook! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM! I REPEAT DO NOT EVEN TAKE A CALL FROM THIS MAN. HE WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU'LL NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN! [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

This man is a crook! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM! I REPEAT DO NOT EVEN TAKE A CALL FROM THIS MAN. HE WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU'LL NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Care to explain?

12. Ben Aronowitz

Ben Aronowitz New Member

Long time lurker first time poster.

In the Los Angeles area who is good at bespoke shirts and suits. Some friends have recommended Anto and T&A for shirts. I am looking forward to T&A bespoke as their M2m fit better than Chan and everyother traveling Asian tailor I have had.

Any experience with Anto?

Who does a good job with suits? I will be in an accounting role, so nothing flashy. I want classic style.

Thanks so much for the help.

Ben

13. Ben Aronowitz

Ben Aronowitz New Member

I used Giacomo back in the day, and I like him, though it's a bit too built up for my current tastes. I still wear the clothes, though.

Does he use a certain "house cut?"

14. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Long time lurker first time poster.

In the Los Angeles area who is good at bespoke shirts and suits. Some friends have recommended Anto and T&A for shirts. I am looking forward to T&A bespoke as their M2m fit better than Chan and everyother traveling Asian tailor I have had.

Any experience with Anto?

Who does a good job with suits? I will be in an accounting role, so nothing flashy. I want classic style.

Thanks so much for the help.

Ben

Anto gets very +ve reviews around here. Member A Y is a customer.

15. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

B Black & Sons downtown has a lot of cloth. Much of it is of no interest to me but there is some interesting stuff if you look around. Prices are not necessarily any better than you can get online though.

Oscar Odelia is in the same building as Black. I had a pair of trousers made and am very happy with them.

I also got a pair of trousers from Richard Lim (High Society). The construction seems quite good although I am not as happy with the interpretation of the styling as I am with the trousers from Oscar Odelia.

Richard Lim measured me and when I came back the trousers were finished (even the hems -- which had to be altered). Sharon at Oscar Odelia did a basted fitting in scrap cloth, then made the trousers with unfinished hems, then finished the hems.

For shirts I go to Freddy Vandecasteele in Studio City.

16. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

No brainer - Jacob Kozinn bespoke. [​IMG]

17. S. Able

S. Able Senior member

Does he use a certain "house cut?"

He is no longer with us, unfortunately.

18. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

19. frankblack22

frankblack22 New Member

-removed-

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  20. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Xiagou, happy Charlie Sheen day, Mr. Sore Loser!

(Yes, Mr. Sheen actually said that in yesterday's Today Show interview)

(Xiagou is not a Jacob Kozinn customer, nor does he know any)

[​IMG]

Frank Black= jacob kozninn's friend.

Of course Frank is going to be biased towards the unprofessional, immature, and douchebag named Jacob Kozninn