• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana Walking Shoes - Thoughts/Reviews?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because these open walks are fake. Open walks are heavy lined leather shoes which are marketed for winter

I wouldn’t go so far as to say that. The wrong insoles may have been out in.

there’s nothing “heavy” about the open walk. They are lined, but not heavy and not necessarily marketed as a winter shoe (though they do strangely come up when one filters for “winter shoe”). They are offered year round and worn so.

AAE

Reaction score

there’s nothing “heavy” about the open walk. They are lined, but not heavy and not necessarily marketed as a winter shoe (though they do strangely come up when one filters for “winter shoe”). They are offered year round and worn so.
They were a picture shown by a friend. She seems genuine, but I cannot be 100 percent certain. I was also a little surprised about the insole to be honest. Also, the dust bags she showed, said “summer walk” instead of “open walk”. Maybe a mix up in packaging?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were a picture shown by a friend. She seems genuine, but I cannot be 100 percent certain. I was also a little surprised about the insole to be honest. Also, the dust bags she showed, said “summer walk” instead of “open walk”. Maybe a mix up in packaging?

that would be my guess. Absolute certainty is not an option though.

wishingloro

Reaction score

Compared to my multiple retail models, the serial code should not be where the shoe size is, and the stitching is wrong

I personally consider them winter shoes as they look hideous with shorts

Here's an auth pair for reference: https://www.vinted.fr/men/shoes/oxf...oes/1424445541-polachino-loro-piana-open-walk

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Compared to my multiple retail models, the serial code should not be where the shoe size is, and the stitching is wrong

I personally consider them winter shoes as they look hideous with shorts

Here's an auth pair for reference: https://www.vinted.fr/men/shoes/oxf...oes/1424445541-polachino-loro-piana-open-walk

yes I have a few pair so I’m basing my opinion on personal knowledge. I’m not saying they’re genuine or fake. Merely stating that it’s possible they were mislabeled.

A pic of the sole would help. Also, the pic of the stitching is rather blurry. What’s “off” with the stitching?

AAE

Reaction score
yes I have a few pair so I’m basing my opinion on personal knowledge. I’m not saying they’re genuine or fake. Merely stating that it’s possible they were mislabeled.

A pic of the sole would help. Also, the pic of the stitching is rather blurry. What’s “off” with the stitching?
They’ve been sold, but I would like to know the legitimacy of them.

Attachments

• 6A89A578-8591-4A69-8A60-50272B21FC71.jpeg
    6A89A578-8591-4A69-8A60-50272B21FC71.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 326
  • 4E72B3FA-3E50-4865-B2BF-E8AA49EB7B01.jpeg
    4E72B3FA-3E50-4865-B2BF-E8AA49EB7B01.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 328

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’ve been sold, but I would like to know the legitimacy of them.

As yet, I see nothing that would make me question the authenticity.

Another tell tail is there should be an embossed “LP” at the top of the backstay of the right shoe.

AAE

Reaction score
As yet, I see nothing that would make me question the authenticity.

Another tell tail is there should be an embossed “LP” at the top of the backstay of the right shoe.
Could you show me a picture? I’ve never bought LP shoes so I want to know whether something is real or counterfeit before I buy from a reseller in the future.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you show me a picture? I’ve never bought LP shoes so I want to know whether something is real or counterfeit before I buy from a reseller in the future.
Sure…just took these.

FB5B0B11-E88A-4D9E-B87A-1157144BDB80.jpeg

985AA627-62B7-4451-9E85-125DEFF6C779.jpeg

7113A942-1DDB-48B9-BA51-1C92EE8B92CB.jpeg

BF833A68-F72A-408D-A2A2-48CA15946B0B.jpeg

please note the script on the inside of the uppers indicating “made in Italy” and the size. There’s a curvature to the script as seen in the pics you’ve posted. I don’t know what the other gentleman was talking about.

wishingloro

Reaction score

Small detail as the little square stitching that stops should be streamlined and overlapping like picture 1 below. The soles are also an obvious telltale sign as the color seems pure white not offwhite also there should be a faint green shade passing through from the leather base of the shoe especially before they start yellowing (see picture 2 on edges of the LP)

Another tip, but moreso on summer walks would be to put them facing the sun and have look inside, there should be light coming through the vamp stitching holes (pic 3)

Sorry for being such a LP geek

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-21 00.05.01.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-21 00.05.01.png
    26 KB · Views: 282
  • loro-piana-buy-online-open-walk-suede-loafer-00000223815f00s005.jpg
    loro-piana-buy-online-open-walk-suede-loafer-00000223815f00s005.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1190.png
    IMG_1190.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 283

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small detail as the little square stitching that stops should be streamlined and overlapping like picture 1 below. The soles are also an obvious telltale sign as the color seems pure white not offwhite also there should be a faint green shade passing through from the leather base of the shoe especially before they start yellowing (see picture 2 on edges of the LP)

Another tip, but moreso on summer walks would be to put them facing the sun and have look inside, there should be light coming through the vamp stitching holes (pic 3)

Sorry for being such a LP geek

right but on those original pics that’s somewhat difficult to see.

Could they be fake? Maybe. Can I say it would absolute certainty? No.

there’s simply not enough data to base it on.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aurelien are the closest I've found.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
because of these debates I just paid retail and went to the store. I really wanted to find these as a bargain somewhere but this all seems like too much effort - still interesting debate though. someone else posted a great alternative a few pages ago at least they (summer walks equivalent) looked the same on the website - why not just pay 250 and be done with it?

edit - I would just buy these if you can't / wont pay for LP

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads