• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana Walking Shoes - Thoughts/Reviews?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the dark brown pair from that German website. Went with 43, my usual size, and they fit fine imo. Slightly snug even with very thin socks, so they should be fine if they stretch a bit.

They have a bit of a reddish cast, so I may put on a coat of gray suede dye, which turned out well on some Aldens.
I wouldn’t do that. The suede is already treated with water repellent magic so I’m not sure how it’ll take to spray and another color. Too pricey for me to experiment with at least :blush:

Stilig

Reaction score
The suede is already treated with water repellent magic so I’m not sure how it’ll take to spray and another color.

To be honest I think they've just been sprayed with a regular water repellant, just like you'd do yourself at home. The factory added repellant wore off in a couple of weeks on my pair, and I had no issues when spraying them with Tarrago's Nano Protector.

Coloring my be another story altogether though.

boomtime

Reaction score
I wear a 43 in common projects and golden goose...would a safe starting point for size be 42/42.5? Any input would be helpful as locally there isn't a retailer that carries them.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 43 in common projects and golden goose...would a safe starting point for size be 42/42.5? Any input would be helpful as locally there isn't a retailer that carries them.
Im usually a 45 and that’s what I have in my summer walks too. For the open walks I had to size up to a 46, and they’re still somewhat slim but I can’t go any bigger. my issue is I’ve very wide and flat feet, so the soft and unlined summer walks work better for me even though I prefer OW visually. FWIW I asked the LP customer service what the width difference was in half sizes and it came down to 0.5 cm or so.

Id order both and try for yourself, when I ordered directly from Loro Piana they were very fast and accommodating with returns.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair in dark brown suede. Incredibly comfortable and I might buy another in a lighter color.

I sprayed mine with nano spray and suffered no ill results.

emptym

Reaction score
I'd prob go true to size for the regular ones, and maybe a half size lower for the summer walk ones, especially if you plan to go sockless with the summer ones. I think the summer ones are unlined and thus are more likely to stretch than the regular ones, which are definitely lined. I ended up returning the summer ones and getting regular ones. I went a half size down for the regulars and they were too tight at first. Now after some wear, they're fine. Still not sure if I should have gone with my regular size though. If I could do it over again, I'd probably get true size for the regulars and a half size lower for the summer ones. You didn't happen to find them on sale anywhere did you? While I do like them, I think they're overpriced. Kind of want to try a cheaper version, like the Jack Erwin model.

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to revive this thread for a moment.

What is the consensus on sizing the LP Summer Walk shoes? True to dress shoe (brannock) size?

How much do the Summer Walks stretch over time?

for the summer walk, try .5 size down. Where do you live?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd prob go true to size for the regular ones, and maybe a half size lower for the summer walk ones, especially if you plan to go sockless with the summer ones. I think the summer ones are unlined and thus are more likely to stretch than the regular ones, which are definitely lined. I ended up returning the summer ones and getting regular ones. I went a half size down for the regulars and they were too tight at first. Now after about a dozen wears, they're fine. Still not sure if I should have gone with my regular size though. If I could do it over again, I'd probably get true size for the regulars and a half size lower for the summer ones. You didn't happen to find them on sale anywhere did you? While I do like them, I think they're overpriced. Kind of want to try a cheaper version, like the Jack Erwin model.
for the summer walk, try .5 size down. Where do you live?
Thanks. NY. I think I may end up trying on at a local retailer, if in-stock, instead of ordering. If the advice were simply go TTS, I may feel more confident ordering without trying on. But I sense these may stretch a bit with wear.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. NY. I think I may end up trying on at a local retailer, if in-stock, instead of ordering. If the advice were simply go TTS, I may feel more confident ordering without trying on. But I sense these may stretch a bit with wear.

If you live NYC I would definitely try on in store. No sense in the back and forth of ordering and returning if you don’t have to.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those that own either summer walk or the open walk, what do you do with the sole? Slip a thin rubber sole on it like with Belgians or just leave as is?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those that own either summer walk or the open walk, what do you do with the sole? Slip a thin rubber sole on it like with Belgians or just leave as is?

??? The sole or the footbed?

if the latter, leave it be. They are very comfortable. If your feet are sensitive and you require more support, then something like Superfeet should work.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sole. Wouldn’t it wear out pretty quick? I live in nyc so probably walk more than average person in another city that’s more car friendly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics