• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana Walking Shoes - Thoughts/Reviews?

Thomson

Reaction score
I kind of like them - any ideas for a more democratically priced version?

cbusguy

Reaction score
cole haan, depending on how democratic you are

these are basically the same shoe

emptym

Reaction score
I tried them on once and the comfort made them very tempting, but the price was sobering. They're a bit cheaper here:

I've read a few places that they run a little large. Has anyone else had that experience?

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think guys wear this stuff thinking they look like an Italian industrialist, but most just look like a middle aged dad.
I am definitely guilty of that .... hahahahah almost spit out my coffee... but it's tougher than you think to develop your own style:)

regarding the shoes, I tried them on and they were really comfy. Loved them but $1,000 price tag made me not buy them. I would buy them for 200-300 bucks heavily discounted.

Last edited:

Stilig

Reaction score
I have a pair of navy blue summer walks. One of the best purchases I've ever made. They're superbly comfortable and I get complimented on how they look all the time. I'm 29 btw.

Stilig

Reaction score
I've read a few places that they run a little large. Has anyone else had that experience?

Yes, they run about a full size large in my experience. My Italian friend who has about 15 pairs of Loro Piana shoes said "They should fit like condom, otherwise they will be too large just after one day". For me, they feel about right if I size down half a size when they're new. However the suede stretches quite dramatically, so a full size down is comfortable after just a few hours of wear.

emptym

Reaction score
Jerry Lorenzo

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the Open Walk and love them. I was a little skeptical when I received them as a gift some years back (I was hoping for suede boots) but my opinion changed once I wore them during the winter. Very comfortable and warm.

emptym

Reaction score
I got the dark brown pair from that German website. Went with 43, my usual size, and they fit fine imo. Slightly snug even with very thin socks, so they should be fine if they stretch a bit.

They have a bit of a reddish cast, so I may put on a coat of gray suede dye, which turned out well on some Aldens.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the dark brown pair from that German website. Went with 43, my usual size, and they fit fine imo. Slightly snug even with very thin socks, so they should be fine if they stretch a bit.

They have a bit of a reddish cast, so I may put on a coat of gray suede dye, which turned out well on some Aldens.
I think they are great just not for full retail in my opinion.

emptym

Reaction score
For some reason they're a lot more expensive in the US. Some European sites have them for close to half the US price when VAT is deducted.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^out of curiosity, is 43 the same size you take in Baudoin & Lange?

emptym

Reaction score
In B&L I originally got a pair in 43 but they were a little loose, so I got some in 42 and they're a little tight. I think I'd be 42.5, if only they made half sizes. However, my 43s are suede and the the 42s are deerskin, and they did tell me that suede is known to stretch more than the deerskin ones. Still, I'd say LP is about a half size smaller than B&L. But that's just one person's exp.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason they're a lot more expensive in the US. Some European sites have them for close to half the US price when VAT is deducted.
yeah you are right just checked a couple of German sites... not a must for me but when I am in Europe and I stumble upon them I will snatch them up at the right price. same goes for common projects sneakers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads