• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana "sweater jacket" -- does this fit me?

Reaction score
I picked up a really nice Loro Piana "sweater jacket" and am confused about the fit. It fits great overall other than being strangely long at the bottom. I am 6'1" and have a pretty long torso so I have to assume this kind of piece is meant to fit long. When unbuttoned it goes totally over my rear end in the back. Is this how these are supposed to fit? Does it look good?

Attachments

• IMG_1583.jpg
    IMG_1583.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1580.jpg
    IMG_1580.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 173

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The sweater seems to fit fine.

"Looking good" is a matter of personal taste. I'm personally not crazy about the style, but it certainly doesn't look bad.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your photos aren't great. Are you wearing it over a hoodie in your photos? If so, I probably wouldn't style it like that. I'd also probably undo one or both of the bottom buttons. I have the feeling that it'd probably look better if it weren't so slim but again, it's a little hard to tell in these photos.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was going to ask the same question re are you wearing a hoodie.

Looks fine otherwise.

Tar Heel

Reaction score
I’ll just say when I’m not sure if something looks good on me that pretty much tells me all I need to know, no matter how expensive an item is.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I attached some better pictures, sorry if they're still not great. My concern is the length, especially in the back. I'm not sure how a piece like this is "supposed" to be in the length.

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpg
    IMG_1589.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1593.PNG
    IMG_1593.PNG
    919.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1597.PNG
    IMG_1597.PNG
    581.8 KB · Views: 154

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, it's a bit long.

TBH, if it was shorter, I personally don't like the style. If I were in your position, I would sell or return the item and move on.

Reaction score
Yes, it's a bit long.

TBH, if it was shorter, I personally don't like the style. If I were in your position, I would sell or return the item and move on.

i have the option of returning it. I really like the construction,materials, and overall fit. But it seems to be intentionally long like this. I’m not sure if that’s how these things are supposed to fit.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i have the option of returning it. I really like the construction,materials, and overall fit. But it seems to be intentionally long like this. I’m not sure if that’s how these things are supposed to fit.

I would go less by how it's supposed to fit and more by how it makes you look and feel.

Personally, I also wouldn't put too much weight on the idea of construction quality. While that matters, a lot of guys buy not-so-great-looking clothes just because they think the item is well made. In the end, they're not satisfied with their wardrobe.

Tar Heel

Reaction score
You obviously have doubts about how this looks on you. Personally I think it’s much too long. If I were you I would not hesitate to return it and instead find something that makes you feel like a million bucks.

singlechange

Reaction score
It tooks too large for your size. The length in the back and ALSO I can see that shoulder seam is too extended beyond your natural shoulder line. I owned several Loro Piana sweaters and they do run large in my experience. (Drakes and William Lockie are other brands and some consider them better) You did not mention what size label is in your Loro Piana, but if you are exchanging it for another, then go down one size.
Here is James Bond wearing Tom Ford cardigan. Note the length. The length is just right and at maximum length.

Attachments

• Bond Style Bond Relaxes in Quantum of Solace BAMF Style.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads