• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana suit? (I need trained eyes for this matter)

Pombair

Reaction score
Hello,

I need you trained eyes for this matter:
Is this suit real or fake?
Is this suit still up to date in style?
Is this suit a good buy for daily use (business)?
And does somebody perhaps know around which year this suit was made?

This is what the advertiser is saying:
"New sartoriaal handmade OGER HANDMADE suit Made in Italy! Perfect for business use. This suit has no shoulder fillings and is super soft (manica a camicia).
Size: 46 drop 7
Model: single row 2 buttons
Colour: blue
Dessin: uni (bids-eye)
Material: S150 (Loro Piana)
Price New: €1398
Selling price: €400"

I would love to buy this one if it's real (and thus has the real quality)!

Thanks a lot!

foto 1.jpg

foto 2.jpg

foto 3 .jpg

foto 4.jpg

foto 5.jpg

foto 6.jpg

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is made with Loro Piana fabric. That doesn't say anything about who made it.

Peak lapel in a checked pattern is probably not what you are looking for.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
By is it "real" I'm guessing you mean is the fabric really Loro Piana and the answer is yes. Oger is a store in the Netherlands that sells Italian clothing. This is their private label suit that they have made with all the current popular "specs" by some factory in Italy.

Loro Piana mills hundreds of thousands of yards of fabric yearly, in different qualities (and price points) and they sell to everyone from JCrew to Brioni to large factories.

Typically peak lapels are considered more formal and used for evening/formal suits/DB suits. The reality is no one is going to notice/care unless you work at an ultra conservative bank or law firm.

The fabric is what will make it more or less appropriate for work. A dark color is a quiet pattern will always be work appropriate, unless it's a shiny fabric.

So to answer your questions, yes it's real, yes it's current, yes it's work appropriate. The only thing you may want to consider is the price if it's a used suit.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you being paid to take it away?

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OGER is a high-end menswear store in Netherlands, and this is their house brand. They have different lines, one called "OGER red", the other caled "OGER Dressed for success", where the latter has nicer fabrics. Both lines are half-canvassed, from what I know.

Check out www.oger.nl

I'm not sure who makes their suits, but it's in Loro Piana fabric, as you can see.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OGER is a high-end menswear store in Netherlands, and this is their house brand. They have different lines, one called "OGER red", the other caled "OGER Dressed for success", where the latter has nicer fabrics. Both lines are half-canvassed, from what I know.

Check out www.oger.nl

I'm not sure who makes their suits, but it's in Loro Piana fabric, as you can see.

At 400 you can do much better

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless the sleeve measurement will work perfectly for you, don't buy. Surgeon cuffs (functional cuff buttons) are not very alterations-friendly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads