1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Loro Piana Storm System overcoat 48L $153

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Feb 25, 2005.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I stopped by Nordstrom Rack in Costa Mesa (CA) last night and saw a black Loro Piana Storm System (Nordstrom house label) overcoat in 48L for $153, marked down from a Nordstrom Rack price of $495, that was probably about $1k in their retail store. Looked immaculate, very fine black wool with royal blue/black lining.

2. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

I have this same overcoat, a Loro Piana storm system that I bought at Nordstroms at full retail. Was it worth it? Yes. Excellent coat. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

3. thinman

thinman Senior member

Wow.. Quite a bargain. I'd like to find one in 40L, camel colored, but will probably need to wait until Fall (and pay full price).

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

Sounds like a good deal, but . . . in the last month on EBay there have been similar brand new VERY NICE coats (Loro Piana storm system with wool and cashmere blend fabric) from Faconnable and Saks. Mostly with starting bids of $149 or $199. They have been getting no bids at all -- I guess because spring is nearly here. I just couldn't resist and bought one of them - -$49.95 -- a NWT ($695) Saks coat in black; I was the only bidder, and this was after the seller had been trying to sell the coat for at least 3 weeks, gradually lowering the starting bid price.

5. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

I might be interested at that price. I have never seen it though. Can you compare it to the Brooks Bros. Overcoat with the same storm system?

6. kabert

kabert Senior member

Can't compare as I haven't seen the BB model, but I'd assume they are very similar. The Faconnable and Saks coats looked identical except for different lining.

7. thinman

thinman Senior member

kabert, how have I been missing them on ebay?? I've searched "loro piana 40L" and none have popped up. Maybe it's just that no one has my size?

8. kabert

kabert Senior member

I think the search needs to be broader, such as "Loro Piana Coat" or "Loro Piana XL"

Or, Loro Piana suit or Loro Piana blazer (or search in the men's blazers/sport coats category).

I just did a quick look and I don't see any of the Faconnable ones that had been listed before (that went unsold). There were also a bunch of Armani w/Loro Piana fabric coats that weren't being bid on either.

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

To be specific, I'm looking for a Loro Piana overcoat, though I do love cashmere and wouldn't pass up a deal on a sports jacket or blazer....