• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana Outlets versus Boutiques

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
Shipmates and loved ones,
Do you know of any difference(s) between LP boutiques and outlets? Quality wise, I mean? The reason I'm asking is because I live in Italy and stopped off at an LP 'outlet'. I saw some pretty good deals - jackets, half-zip sweaters, etc. Hopefully, this stuff isn't made in Bulgaria. (Isn't Brooks Brothers outlet stuff made in Israel? - hey, just sayin'). Anyone have experience with LP outlet merchandise? Grazie, y'all.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I only have experience with the outlets in the US.

Bottom line, lower prices (but not B&S level), less selection. They are not "lower lines", they have the exact same models as the boutiques, except the more popular styles never make it there

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to the LP outlet outside Florence several times and I've always found the selection there to be great, especially for an outlet. I've picked up a lot of basics there at discounts greater than sales at the LP boutiques. Best you'll get at a boutique is 33% off, the outlets are at least that and usually closer to 50%. It's not cheap, but it's better than retail. I've never noticed any quality difference, and I've had several pieces for 5+ years.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The LP outlet in Bicester is generally very good too. Lots of basics, esp. shirts, polos, chinos, etc, all at somewhere around 50% off, give or take, with occasional better deals at times. Quality is the same as in the boutiques as far as I can tell. No suits, mind, and only a pretty limited range of jackets and outerwear (esp. in the smaller sizes). Definitely a favourite of mine for stocking up on spring/summer staples especially.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most of the prices are still ridiculous at the outlets... been to both retail and outlet.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
most of the prices are still ridiculous at the outlets... been to both retail and outlet.

And at sample sales.

skywalker

Reaction score
Actually outlets here in the US that I know are 40% off original retail. The pieces they have are the same as the normal botique except it's from a year or two ago.

I noticed NM and the actual LP botiques have seasonal sales for newer pieces at 50%, however this means you're buying a winter jacket when the season has past. I don't know if you can do better than 50% off, but I've seen people sell new stuff that suggests otherwise.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skywalker
Actually outlets here in the US that I know are 40% off original retail. The pieces they have are the same as the normal botique except it's from a year or two ago.

I noticed NM and the actual LP botiques have seasonal sales for newer pieces at 50%, however this means you're buying a winter jacket when the season has past. I don't know if you can do better than 50% off, but I've seen people sell new stuff that suggests otherwise.

Outlets (well, at least, my local outlet) can go cheaper at certain times of year, and for specific items/lines. It varies.

Originally Posted by Tony Romo

Well, ultimately you have to decide if you want the item or not, and that means being selective. In my opinion Loro Piana consistently has some very fresh-looking stylish pieces that are very well-made/durable and still manage to retain a generally classic look. Especially for spring/summer items (and some of their iconic coats), I don't think there's a better RTW provider. So in my book, that often makes them worth the money esp. for simple stuff like summer trousers and polos. For instance, I picked up a couple of pairs of trousers recently. At outlet prices, this worked out to being a little cheaper than MTM, and I think they fit more or less the same, with a lot less effort in terms of having to choose a fabric and then wait weeks for delivery that MTM would have required. Bespoke would have obviously been significantly more expensive. So value isn't that bad, really.

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Outlets (well, at least, my local outlet) can go cheaper at certain times of year, and for specific items/lines. It varies. Well, ultimately you have to decide if you want the item or not, and that means being selective. In my opinion Loro Piana consistently has some very fresh-looking stylish pieces that are very well-made/durable and still manage to retain a generally classic look. Especially for spring/summer items (and some of their iconic coats), I don't think there's a better RTW provider. So in my book, that often makes them worth the money esp. for simple stuff like summer trousers and polos. For instance, I picked up a couple of pairs of trousers recently. At outlet prices, this worked out to being a little cheaper than MTM, and I think they fit more or less the same, with a lot less effort in terms of having to choose a fabric and then wait weeks for delivery that MTM would have required. Bespoke would have obviously been significantly more expensive. So value isn't that bad, really.
Holdfast -thanks for your insight and comments. Curious - what LP outlet/boutique do you frequent.? Thank you. Sorry - saw it - Bicester. Will take the train from London I reckon. Any guidance, highly appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads