• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana MTM Suit: Please comment the fit

floh

Reaction score
First: I already ordered a pocket square!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

This is my first suit, not counting the ones my parents bought for me, when i was a little dwarf, and i never had something in common with suits. But last year for gods sake i decided to buy me a suit. This is it and i feel myself comfortable in it.
I hope there is not too much left to modify. What do you think?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tough lighting.
Hard to tell.

floh

Reaction score
Damn, i thought about that, but it is hard to tell for me as i am working on an older laptop screen.
confused.gif
I will see if i can get it a bit lighter. Stay tuned.
tounge.gif
EDIT: Here we go! Any better?

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks ok in that shot I suppose. I never think much of 3 button suits because they tend to look so boxy. You might want to suppress the waist a bit.

DL

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the shoulders look maybe an half inch too wide on each side, can tell the waist fit from the pick.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe its my monitor but I still can't really see your suit.
My tired eyes may be getting old. . .
There is an odd ripple from your left shoulder to elbow though.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it really MTM? Shoulders, sleeves and waist look a bit off to me

suitntieguy

Reaction score
I think the waist looks okay. The shoulders and sleeves (esp. the sleeves) look off.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think to the average person it will look quite nice, I think the people with the finer eye her will notice the imperfections, I didn't notice anything with the sleeves until they mentioned it, but they do seem to hang a bit funny.

I think the suit looks nice, I like 3 buttons because its nice and conservative, when people comment on the waist being too big you have to understand their personal style. While I love a cut in wait, I can't stand it when the suit is cut like a V and it's so tight at the waist. I mainly see a certain type of man wearing the VERY cut in suit. I like it suits your body nicely overall. But I personally would subdue the tie knot, it's a litle flashy for me, and not something I'd wear with a three button suit.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I can see, the sleeve length of the shirt and jacket are just a hair too long other wise looks good. Nice broad shoulders and it comes in nicely around the waist. I can't really tell the fit of the pants from the picture.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
Looks ok in that shot I suppose. I never think much of 3 button suits because they tend to look so boxy. You might want to suppress the waist a bit. DL
Wait, I'm new to the world of suits. But is this the case for all 3 buttons suits? I think the shoulders of this suit is very boxy. But I didn't know it was all three buttons suits that had this feature. What causes the boxiness? But on to the suit: The sleeve appears to be flawed in the way it hangs. It seems to twist. And the length is too long. But the twisting may just be due to the length and it appeared to twist by chance. I am having a hard time seeing where the coat ends but if I am correct, it appears to end below the thumb nail (I can barely make it out on the wearer's right side). So a bit too long? That's all I can tell from the photos.

Opermann

Reaction score
It's a very nice fit overall. But yes, the sleeves are a little bunchy

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
the shoulders look maybe an half inch too wide on each side, can tell the waist fit from the pick.

+1, but great first effort.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads