1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LORO PIANA JOINS THE LVMH GROUP

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alvinbmx, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Loro Piana is one of my go-to brands for summery stuff: great polos, lovely brightly coloured linen shirts, summery cotton/linen trousers and occasionally jackets. I don't suspect the quality will suffer by the acquisition, and can't bring myself to care whether they introduce a few more overtly branded products alongside their more typical lines... but I do fear that the already sky-high prices will become astronomical. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  2. Leonardo Da Vinci

Leonardo Da Vinci Senior member

I didn't like when Prada bought Church's and I don't like when french buy our italian companies

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm a fan of LP, particularly their winter goods. I was in the Madison Ave. store a few days ago drooling over their goods as I selected my next winter coat. They are all about fabric, and as long as that doesn't change, then I'll continue to be a happy customer.

4. twistoffat

twistoffat Senior member

I love Loro Piana though to be honest never really thought that the price is justified. They have beautiful knitwear but 7k for a pullover always seemed over the top unless I had just sold off more of the russian reserves I had come by illegally. Anyway I´m not sure about the LVMH thing as I don´t really like their MO but they certainly have done good things at Berluti. I just get the feeling that LVMH is getting to be a behemoth with subsidiaries in the same way hugo boss has offshoot labels. Are they the VW of the fashion world, possibly, but I thinks thats what in the long term will make individuality and small manufactures more interesting in the future.