• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Loro piana form nordstrom

shoreman80

Reaction score
Can any members post about the construction quality of nordstrom's house brand sport coats? I saw a remarkably marked down Loro Piana Cashmere jacket (the light blue plaid may have been the reason) at a Nordstrom Rack yesterday. It fits well and feels beautiful, but owing to the color won't be a very versatile/usable item for me.

I'm on the fence about purchasing it and looking for a reason to land on one side or the other: how well might it be made? I believe (not certain) the tag said made in Canada.

Of course, if I only wear it once a month, I guess the durability of construction might not be a big deal.

(Sorry about the typo in the title; as an editor, that hurts. Seems one cannot edit a topic title...)

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those that I have seen are fused, and indeed most have fused lapels as well (in other words, the lining of the lapels is fusible fabric, not pad stitched canvas). Is this ideal construction? No. But depending on how well the coat is pressed, it can still have a pretty nice lapel (especially a three button where you leave the top button undone). The Loro Piana models I am thinking of that seem to be what you are referring to are nice for what they are. If you could pick up the sportcoat for $125 - 150, it's not a bad deal (beautiful fabrics, of course). But with your hesitation about the color, especially, you could do a lot better for just a little bit more money.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy