• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loopwheel shirts

foopersuzz

Reaction score
Hey, just seeing if anyone has experience with this stuff. Is it worth the cost? I like the idea of a t-shirt/sweater lasting a long time, getting softer and keeping it's shape.

Otherwise, and good alternatives? Looking for a quality pocket tee, and henley.

afranzheim

Reaction score
yep, worth all the hype. Strike Gold sweats are pure butter. Black one (below) has been worn for a large % of the last year.

goalaso

Reaction score
I realize this thread may be dead, but couldn't find a better spot on SF to post this question: why don't there seem to be loopwheeled (or even just tubular) supima shirts? Or maybe I'm missing them

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize this thread may be dead, but couldn't find a better spot on SF to post this question: why don't there seem to be loopwheeled (or even just tubular) supima shirts? Or maybe I'm missing them

supima is an american product , seems possible that there may well be trade or cost barriers involved with delivering the fiber or yarn to mills that use loopwheelers ( if there are american mills that run loopwheel i am unaware of them )

also supima is a different species than the typical hirsutum , most importantly is longer staple . meanwhile the whole deal with loopwheelers is the softer way it lays over the yarn ,

that is to say that a shorter staple cotton will def benefit from loopwheel manufacture but the longer staple of supima may not really be ideal for those products , sort of like asking loopwheel to make a difference with a hard linen yarn it wouldn't really make sense .

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as for tubular knit issue supima is probably typically knit as tubular . i'd think most jersey is in this day and age .

goalaso

Reaction score
supima is an american product , seems possible that there may well be trade or cost barriers involved with delivering the fiber or yarn to mills that use loopwheelers ( if there are american mills that run loopwheel i am unaware of them )

also supima is a different species than the typical hirsutum , most importantly is longer staple . meanwhile the whole deal with loopwheelers is the softer way it lays over the yarn ,

that is to say that a shorter staple cotton will def benefit from loopwheel manufacture but the longer staple of supima may not really be ideal for those products , sort of like asking loopwheel to make a difference with a hard linen yarn it wouldn't really make sense .
Thanks for the explanation. Super helpful!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads