1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Looper (2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Saturdays, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Watched this movie today. Was interesting, nothing extra spectacular, but found the way it developed and ended very well tied out. I was just glad I didn't have to come out of a time travel movie and have to genuinely think about the events that occurred, but rather got to forget it and just be entertained.

Although, I do enjoy a good time travel movie that makes you think about it in-depth (like 'Primer').

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I for one did kind of wish that Cid ended up
    becoming Akira and take over the world with his telekinesis powers, or at least get to see how he became the Rainmaker

2. Kai

Kai Senior member

Really liked it. Best action flick I've seen in a long time. Bruce Willis was great. Plot was engaging. Characters memorable.

Better than 95% of action movies I've seen.

3. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

A lot of cool ideas but so, so many plot holes.

4. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

i think the story line of the movie is really intriguing. i haven't watched it yet, but it's on my to-watch list.

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Great flix. Won't disappoint you.

6. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

A few plot points were kinda apparent before the "reveals" but I didn't let that bother my enjoyment.

After the movie my GF and I kinda bitched a little at the inconsistency of the time travel canon as they presented it in the movie but agreed that our nit picking didn't detract from having a good time while watching. Recommended.