• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loominous "Bleeding" Madras GMTO: A Classic!

aucociscokid

Reaction score
I am the OP.

We've started production on the shirts from the 1st GMTO. "Loominous 'Bleeding' Madras: A Classic." We put up another GMTO "Loominous 'Bleeding' Madras GMTO."
The delivery schedule for the 1st GMTO is on there.

S/F made refunds for those of who paid the original $175, when the price was reduced to $175.

We're a 7 working days into the dyeing/weaving process in India, which requires 35 working days. (5 working days for loom set-up + 30 working days for dyeing and weaving.) Generally speaking, it requires 2 weeks for the material to be shipped from India once the dyeing/weaving is complete to here, which is somewhat dependent on the length of time for US Customs to do their thing. Manufacturing by New England Shirt requires 4-6 weeks.

Selling on-line is a learning experience for us. We're now more sure footed as we think the latest GMTO demonstrates.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

We will be posting regular updates from now on rest assured.

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am the OP.

We've started production on the shirts from the 1st GMTO. "Loominous 'Bleeding' Madras: A Classic." We put up another GMTO "Loominous 'Bleeding' Madras GMTO."
The delivery schedule for the 1st GMTO is on there.

S/F made refunds for those of who paid the original $175, when the price was reduced to $175.

We're a 7 working days into the dyeing/weaving process in India, which requires 35 working days. (5 working days for loom set-up + 30 working days for dyeing and weaving.) Generally speaking, it requires 2 weeks for the material to be shipped from India once the dyeing/weaving is complete to here, which is somewhat dependent on the length of time for US Customs to do their thing. Manufacturing by New England Shirt requires 4-6 weeks.

Selling on-line is a learning experience for us. We're now more sure footed as we think the latest GMTO demonstrates.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

We will be posting regular updates from now on rest assured.
@aucociscokid I'm still confused on the proposed delivery date for my order. Can you post a link to the thread you say has the delivery info?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never mind. I missed the very top of the linked post. The shirts are promised by the 4th week of February with an update at the end of January. Aucociscokid, can you please provide the update? Thanks.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@aucociscokid, do you have any update on the fabric I ordered six months ago?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea about what is going on with this order? We were promised updates in late January and February (none came). We were told delivery would be in third week of February (haven't received anything). The link to thew "update" page now says that the update thread has been removed. Anyone know anything?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Still strongly suggest that people keep an eye on their credit card protections. Most credit cards will give you a period of automatic protections -- so that if you buy something and don't receive it, they force a chargeback on the seller.

Supposedly, you can still get a chargeback if you miss that protection period, but the process is more of a hassle.

I've been trying to get a hold of Aleck regarding a length of fabric I bought from him and haven't heard back. I suspect he's taken off with people's money. If you're not able to get your shirt(s) before your credit card protection window expires, I suggest you just file a chargeback.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got back from vacation.

We are holding 1/2 of the money from Aleck, still. The other 1/2 was sent to him for production costs. Some of you have issued chargebacks to Styleforummarket. I would ask that you hold off doing this.

We are on the hook same as all of you, and wil make you all whole and pursue him legally should we need to. Sorry for all the inconvenience, but we assure you that you will all be made whole in one way or another.

Cheers,

Fok.

P.S. We will make sure that you are made whole regardless of your credit card policies.

Last edited:

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi everyone,

I just got back from vacation.  

We are holding 1/2 of the money from Aleck, still.  The other 1/2 was sent to him for production costs. Some of you have issued chargebacks to Styleforummarket.  I would ask that you hold off doing this.

We are on the hook same as all of you, and wil make you all whole and pursue him legally should we need to.  Sorry for all the inconvenience, but we assure you that you will all be made whole in one way or another.

Cheers,

Fok.

P.S. We will make sure that you are made whole regardless of your credit card policies.  

Fok:

As you requested, I have held off on following-up with my credit card company. What has Aleck's response been? I'd really like to have a timeframe for the resolution of this issue.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
He hasn't responded at all, so we've issued a paypal chargeback on him and pursue him independently. No matter how it is resolved, we'll refund everyone all of their money. Sorry for the inconvenience. Cheers, Fok.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
He hasn't responded at all, so we've issued a paypal chargeback on him and pursue him independently. No matter how it is resolved, we'll refund everyone all of their money. Sorry for the inconvenience. Cheers, Fok.
Sorry to hear that news. What would you like us to do? Wait until your PayPal chargeback is resolved? Any idea when I should check back?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for staying on top of this Fok. Too bad he ditched - seemed like it might have been a good product

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really know the story, since I can't get in touch with him either.

A claim has been filed. We will see when PayPal decides.
We've gotten our money back and will be refunding all buyers tomorrow. Unfortunately, our Big Commerce system may be over the time limit, so I will have to go into Paypal and refund everyone individually. Sorry for all of the hassle, but this is one of the reason to do the GMTOs through Styleforum.

Cheers,

Fok.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've gotten our money back and will be refunding all buyers tomorrow. Unfortunately, our Big Commerce system may be over the time limit, so I will have to go into Paypal and refund everyone individually. Sorry for all of the hassle, but this is one of the reason to do the GMTOs through Styleforum.

Cheers,

Fok.
Fantastic Fok. Thanks for all you do

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads