• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loominous "Bleeding" Madras GMTO: A Classic!

aucociscokid

Reaction score
Last edited:

rebirth12

Reaction score
What size should I go for? I dont quite understand the size chart

My p2p is 19", sleeve is 24,5" and shoulder 16.5"

Im 5'8" and 135lbs

Last edited:

aucociscokid

Reaction score
How are you measuring sleeve length? From the middle of the back? Here's some guidance on how to properly measure it. Thanks. Any other questions, don't hesitate...

To determine sleeve length, it is important that your arm is at your side and slightly bent at the elbow. Here is where it is best to have a friend at hand. Place the end of the tape measure at the middle of the back of your neck; go across the shoulder, and down the outside of your arm to just below the wrist bone.

rebirth12

Reaction score
Yes im using that method. Should I go XS or S?

Last edited:

aucociscokid

Reaction score
You're a "Small." The sleeves can be shortened by your tailor.

For everyone's reference here are the yoke measurements, too:

SML 18 (corrected)

MED 19

LGE 20

XLG 21

XXL 22

Last edited:

aucociscokid

Reaction score
Please note the colors will meld considerably (and beautifully and dramatically) with laundering. Here's examples of 3 patterns before and after laundering. The 1st set is the material before laundering. The 2nd: The same fabric (and the same order), after 10 launderings. Please also note that I can not guarantee that's what they WILL EXACTLY look like after repeated launderings. Each fabric will meld in its own fashion. These are only to suggest the effect. That's the beauty and the art! Some have remarked that they don't look good in yellows, for instance. As you can see the yellows mute considerably.The dye does not so much wash out, as blend. You're not going to wind up with a white shirt

aucociscokid

Reaction score
No excuse to be so callous · Dress yourself in bleeding madras ... Vampire Weekend...

aucociscokid

Reaction score
INCORRECT YOKE MEASUREMENT FOR "SMALL"

The correct yoke measurement for a SMALL is 18", not 17". Its been corrected on Post #20. The others are correct. Our apologies.

aucociscokid

Reaction score
DDITIONAL SHIRT DETAILS

• Traditional Brooks Bros. Collar. Standby for a picture.
  • Folded and Sewn Placket
  • Split Yoke

Last edited:

aucociscokid

Reaction score
The fashion press is predicting MADRAS to be a MEGA-TREND for Spring-Summer, 2016

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in. Love me some Madras

aucociscokid

Reaction score
Thank you. Appreciate your order. You'll love your shirt. 2/80s cotton. It'll last forever, too. David Wood Clothiers in Portland, Maine, who sold out of his original 40 shirts, has ordered 40 more. So, he (and more importantly his customers) are pleased; their David Wood has been in the business 40 years; and (like me) is old enough to remember what they were in the 1960s. He says that ours are the Real McCoy. Thanks, again.

http://www.ivy-style.com/bled-dry-new-david-wood-bleeding-madras-shirts-sell-out-instantly.html

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What a PITA. Paid Aleck for a couple of lengths of fabric three months ago. He hasn't delivered on one and has said he won't issue a refund, as $28 would be too much for him right now (??!!). Apparently I'm supposed to wait indefinitely for something I paid for three months ago.

For anyone buying, I recommend paying with some kind of credit card, so you have buyer's protection.

Cloth was terrible, anyway. You can get the same stuff from Atlantis for about $5/ yard (yes, it's bleeding). The fabric can then be sent to any custom shirtmaker.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LOL, Aleck said he's going to send what I wrote above to his attorneys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads