• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looks like Kiton bals from LB sale surfaced

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizes 9 & 10 and he's asking $899 ( MA-based e-bay seller). A fairly reasonable mark-up if the shoes indeed came from LB sale. Certainly beats the current NM pricing.

mussel

Reaction score
How much at the LB sale? This pair doesn't come with shoe trees, does it?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He throws in the whole shebang with the deal. From what I understand the sale price was $1925 - 60% + tax.

pkincy

Reaction score
Unfortunately he is listing them as US size 9 and 10. Which of course they are not. I think he is definitely risking his heretofore good feedback rating by selling a shoe as a size 9 that is closer to a 10.5 or as a 10 that is a 11.5.

I know that the fora members that have been watching these have figured out the difference or know it already, but the average ebay purchaser doesn't.

Of course the average Ebayer will never even look at these shoes.

I hate to see all these excellent examples of why it is close to foolhardy to buy on Ebay except from a fora member.

Perry

ragdoll

Reaction score
Perry

Could you clarify the sizing on these? Is the size on the shoe an UK size as they would be for EG/Lobb or something different?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're not supposed to buy branded shoes. Is the most expensive way to go.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
Unfortunately he is listing them as US size 9 and 10. Which of course they are not. I think he is definitely risking his heretofore good feedback rating by selling a shoe as a size 9 that is closer to a 10.5 or as a 10 that is a 11.5.

I know that the fora members that have been watching these have figured out the difference or know it already, but the average ebay purchaser doesn't.

I hate to see all these excellent examples of why it is close to foolhardy to buy on Ebay except from a fora member.

Perry

Actually, I tried on the 10 (probably the same pair of shoes - these were the ones available at the end of the sale) and it fit like a pair of 10.5 at most. I am a size 11 US in most shoes, and these were rather tight on me. Maybe Louis got Kiton (which whom they have a good relationship) to stamp the American size instead of the UK on them.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy

Perry

That sounds like quite a size discrepancy - greater even than the strange CT/Loake sizing disparities. Is Kiton's sizing usually a full size off from standard UK sizing?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm close to a perfect 10.5 and the Kiton 9 fits me perfectly.

jmatt

Reaction score
Hmmmm......

I fit perfectly in the EG 888 in size 10F.

Any thoughts on how those Kitons would fit?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The outsole measurement for the size 9 shoes suggests a real size between 9.5 and 10. I suppose I can go to Needless Markup this weekend and try on this model to verify. If they don't laugh at me and tell me to get lost.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
The outsole measurement for the size 9 shoes suggests a real size between 9.5 and 10. I suppose I can go to Needless Markup this weekend and try on this model to verify. If they don't laugh at me and tell me to get lost.

I was at least offered assistance though I declined, at the one in Mazza. I did look at the Kitons - only 2 pairs really screamed buy me though you can't afford me - I'm actually more impressed by the model on eBay.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Medallion seems rather large, for business, I think they may be a bit too ostentatious. Definitly not understated. Something to consider. Business associates may start staring at your feet, beautiful shoes, but they will keep looking at your feet due to the large medallion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads